Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Ghosts and ghostly happenings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had an experience with a ghost?
  Yes
  No
  I'm not sure
View Results

PoetStorm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:05 am
Hi, I founded a local paranormal research group and I have a lot of stories. Here's one quickie since I am at work and can't post very long smile

I was 5yrs old and sleeping in bed. I woke in the middle of the night to a woman in a dress and glowing with what I can only describe as a blue aura standing next to the bed. She pulled the covers up and tucked me in and then left the room.

The entire time she was tucking me in I thought of her as "mommy" but as soon as she left the room I jumped up and realized that wasn't mommy. I chased her into the hall but she was gone.

Her dress had a print on it kind of like calico and it blossomed out a bit at the waist but it was definitely more of a house dress than a fancy ballgown type. No one owned the house before my family as it was built in the 1950's by my grandfather. Weird huh? That was the first of many interesting encounters.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:35 pm
hello,

I have had paranormal experiences beginning with a dream vision of my grandfather having a heart attack during the night..So my mom called to check on him and he'd had the heart attack when I woke up from the dream and told her. As for ghosts..I have felt them andtheir emotions and I saw a shadowy figure walk out of my bed room. Also one day I was going to the basement to do laundry...as that was my chore. I heard the sound of a baby cry and a woman speak hush. I dropped the laundry and never came back....The only women who was close enough to me that had babies, wasnt home that day. So needless to say....I would never go down there. But thank you for listening to me.

Kpelli
Oh by the way Poet Storm, may I ask about your group? I am a leader of one and would like to ask questions..if you dont mind?  

kpelli

ffdarkangel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:23 pm
I remember when I was in sixth grade and I was in a after school program at a anient middle school. I'm talking 90 years of being there. Its about five when I think I see someone walk from the art room to the staff room. I am the only one there and everyone is at the room. The staff room is the only space in that school where there is a vending machine.

But seriously, that hallway I think is haunted and it isn't the oldest building. Unforcantly, I moved schools before I could get into the eighth grade building. Then again, there was that 7th grade girl that died of mysterious causes. I forgot about her till now.

Another place is the cold place where I think the realtor spirit was or still is in front of our old house. She died a couple months after she sold us the place. I think it was cancer.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:33 pm
Though I am not a member--
I've had a few "visitors".

They're not transparent looking, they're actually whole as you and I.

Some are known to interact more with my mom than I. They'll sit on her bed and leave a noticeable dent.

As with me, they like to watch. I recall a time, a few days ago actually, where I was cleaning the kitchen, and one stood there staring. I don't bother asking who they are or asking any questions period for my mother said one wrong question can set them off and they'll end up possessing you. One never knows which is good or bad.

Quite a few people in my family has this gift, though only my mother and I embrace it. Everyone else, obviously, rejects it-refusing to acknowledge their gift.

I have another encounter, but thats for some other time maybe.

Thank you for allowing me to share...  

Weird_To_Strange

1,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MadamBovary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:13 am
Wow, these are some pretty awesome stories. I have had a few encounters with spirits, but I try to stay away from that sort of thing because I find it overwhelming. When I was a teenager I was more interested in the occult; I read palms, tarot, runes, etc . . . I also read energy so if someone gave me an object I could tell them where they got it and from whom. So my best friend at the time gave me a bracelet and I discovered that she had gotten it from a friend of her grandmother. This woman had passed on, but she was present during the reading. She provided me with information and was very friendly. I moved out of my parent's house and into the country shortly afterwards and I had a frightening incident with an angry female spirit who showed me her death (I experienced it and it was horrible) then she screamed the name of her murderer (whom I had met) and then scratched me on the back. At first i thought this was a dream but she left marks which could not be explained any other way. After she left the other woman's spirit contacted me and provided comfort and reassurance. For those of you interested in spirits I would recommend reading the works of Hans Holtzer. He even talks about different types of ghosts and their appearances, how they ended up in their respective situations, etc . . . Very informative.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:53 pm
A few years ago I was at the park near our house. I was sitting on the top of the monkey bars. It was near the end of summer and really warm and muggy outside. I was kinda bored and happened to glance at the alley behind the school (this was a park at an Elementary school, btw). There was an old man, prolly around 70-75 walking slowly down the alley. He was strange because he was wearing a heavy coat, down to around his knees, and a funny hat, I think it's called a jockey cap. Because it was so hot, it seemed strange seeing someone dressed like that. When I looked at him, I got really, really cold and felt hammered by emotions: lonely, tired, stiffness, and a need to do something important. I almost fell off the monkey bars and looked away to get my grip back. I looked up and the guy was gone. By the pace he was walking, he wouldn't be able to get far enough to be out of sight any direction he went in the space of the few seconds I looked away. I was really spooked by the whole experience. I still don't know if it was a ghost or not, but it was sure creepy. The figure was really clear and solid, not hazy and I couldn't see through him.  

Thirrin Lindenshield

Kookei

6,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:53 am
Nice thread =P Ok, here it goes.

1. I used to work at a school and would late afternoon be expected to go wash up in the massive kitchens... everyday there was a little girl crying in there coming from the back of the room, although I was a bit nervous I'd go in there and sing til I finished my work, I wish now that I'd tried talking to her or something.
2. In my new apartment last year is when I thought I'd finally actually seen a ghost - my flatmates door was open so I went to shut it, I glimpsed in the room a white 'mass' darted from off the bed into the wall - unfortunately shocked all I did was say sorry, shut the door and go back to my room where I preceeded to tell a mate on MSN that I thought I'd just seen a ghost!
3. Twice during my childhood I experienced something which put the fear of God into me... both times it happened at night (not sure when), I'd wake up to feel 'dread' - after assessing the situation, both times my cats who usually didn't get on were both sat at the end of my bed fully alert. I just felt 'evil' - nothing was ever done to me but I just knew there was a man sitting in the top right corner of my bedroom. The second time I left the room to go into the hallway for a while (it felt fine out there) because I couldn't take the oppressive feeling. It was horrible and thinking about it today still makes me tear up.

Hmm I can't think of any more right now but I remember when I last documented my experiences I came up with 8 different events... so I'll have to think and remember what the other five were!! Though those 3 are obviously the most prominent.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 am
I just remembered two more whilst I was reading others replies;

4) When the cat was alive she'd jump on my bed, do that 'settling down' thing cats do and fall asleep, after she died I felt something jump on my bed exactly the same way - the first time I looked and saw nothing was there, the other 2 times it happened I just smiled and stayed in bed. <3
5) Was at a party one night, and it was the point where everyone was asleep laid about everywhere, I woke up during the night because my friend Fran was leaving the room to go to the loo, but she never came back, I fell back asleep again and remember bringing it up with everyone but she swears she never went to the loo - it could have only been her because I remembered the clothing, the hair colour and lenght though thought it was weird I couldn't see her face, she had it turned away from me at the time, which meant she also wasn't watching where she was going or the door...  

Kookei

6,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kookei

6,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:13 am
6. Was walking to school one morning and got to the point where I have to go down a massive hill... everything is in view and there's no where to go. I noticed a man in front of me, quite a way - long back coat and black hair... watched him for a bit, blinked and he disappeared! Just vanished, I sort of hurried to where he was and looked around but couldn't see anywhere he could have gone... this experience I always think there must be a logical explanation of because it was in broad daylight and you associate paranormal stuff with night time however I remember thinking he was an angel, that's sounds weird, I don't really believe in them and I don't even know why I thought that especially since he was all in black - I just instinctively thought he was an angel.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:36 am
dunno if it was a ghost or what it was but it's the best exlanation i could come up with.

at my moms we have a big labrador who likes to get under the bed in mom's room. one day i was down stairs watching ghost hunt (probably didn't help)and i heard a sound from up stairs that sounded exactly like the dog scambling round under the bed only really loud as normally you cant hear it from down stairs. the problem was that (duh duh duuuhhhhh) there was no one home including the dog and it definatly sounded like the dog scabling under the bed. i have heard of things like this happening before in the sense that some body who is alright and very much alive some how unconciously projecting them selves to another location.

in the end it scared the hell out of me as i am an incredibly jumpy person and i had to go around with a hockey stick.

other times i get a bit nervy on my own in the house.

then, when i went to visit hms belfast i took three tonnes of pics on my camera phone and one of them was partly obscured by a shape. it wasn't my finger because my phone's a slidey one and it was a portrait pic and it wasn't someone else because i was standing at the edge of the ship. any way i wouldn't take or save a picture if it was being blocked by something!!!  

Just Tsuki

D_Marx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:47 pm
I wouldn't say ghosts, more of spirits or possibly demonic presences. Ghosts are on the tv.

I live in a 20 year old house--this place is a baby compared to most estates--and there's been something following me around for a great portion of my life. I'm going to assume it was one thing or another.

I had a physical encounter involving a wall and a hand on my throat. I was planning on just being down-to-earth for a while, not thinking anything strange and the like. Maybe that's why it happened. I was just walking down the hall and my throat clenched and I extended it to try and breathe. All I recall doing is thinking, "Stop it!" and suddenly it was all gone.

Who the hell was I going to tell without freaking everybody out and getting grounded for being a "Satan Worshipper?" I went back to my daily routine and never forgot about it. There were other times, worse than that, but I'm not open to discuss.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:11 am
Niharana
I've had a ghostly stalker come friend over the past few years that, is apparantly, from my past life. It's rather intreresting to talk to him (now that he's past the stalker phase... sweatdrop ), but he doesn't talk to much, mainly just hangs out, makes me feel safe and such.

My ghostly stalker refuses to talk to me. He just stares at me from afar. When he does talk to me he doesn't call me by my name. He calls me Aura which is the name of my...other side. He actually scares the living crap out of me. He has icky greasy black hair and black ooze pouring out of his eyes. He started following me around when my friend in Yosemite did this thing to open my eyes to my past lives {bad idea gonk this is also when Aura popped up out of nowhere.} At one point I moved to a different area of the park. He found me like a week later. I was sleeping and I woke up to him straddling me and holding my arms above my head. He was grinning into my face. He was snickering "I found you" He went away for like 2 years when I moved like 80 miles away but I'm starting to feel his presence again.  

Vengeful Elegance

The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games