Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Dreams

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lovely Lolita Love

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:59 pm
Every night, I keep having vivid dreams, but they're so random and so full of information I don't know what to do...

In the Occult or Magickal world, what are dreams? What do they mean? Is there any way to decipher them?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:56 am
same here! it's really wierd, i don't usually remember my dreams but i've woken up for the past 4 days being able to remember my dream in vivid detail.  

Just Tsuki

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:39 am
I was going to answer your question, but I started to write an essay about it instead. XD You can read it here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16885733  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:09 pm
basically put, dreams are your subconcience trying to either make sense of things that have happened in your day or trying to tell you something about your future.  

irydessa star fire

Viscerim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:54 pm
A dream is, in its most obvious and simple definition, an experience.

I believe dreams are similar to astral projection. Unlike astral projection, you are not alerting your brain to "record" the experience. Ergo, we sometiems remember dreams but often forget them. The brain is a translator, and when your consciousness communicates to it something it hasn't experienced before, it needs to record it with a series of metaphors.

Since dreams sometimes reveal details about your future or about yourself, I imagine there are multiple causes for dreams. Regardless, your mental and emotive reactions to the symbols in dreams are very real, and analyzing the cause for such reactions may reveal a great deal to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm
I agree with all of the above as well. Dreams are yourself- your own subconscious trying to communicate and sort things out. Often, this is much like astral travel. Lucid dreams would be the closest to that. Technically, they're all part of the same umbrella anyway, as it all takes place within. Keeping a dream journal is one of the most positive things you can do to help yourself understand them and ergo yourself. It might seem silly at first, but after awhile, it starts to all fit together and make sense.  

BenjaminDaniel

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games