Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Marijuana? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:55 pm
As a man who has studied Mari-jane for so many years, I know PLENTY on that topic for people who think marijuana is bad.
Bullshit, the show, actually did a seminar about this, which I will send a link to it soon, and it was FOR marijuana. They didn't say much on what it contained but they did talk of the Bullshit War on drugs.

( Note: The war on drugs, in total of the 80 years, has cost us more then 90 billion dollars in total and has barely made a dent in it. In fact, Heroin is now cheaper and easier for children to get then it use to be back in the 1900s.
This is mostly because the War on Drugs act stops drugs from getting in and out of the country. They don't bother with drugs IN the country too often.
The rules are crazy, too. California has legalized medical marijuana, BUT growing marijuana is illegal. What the ********?!?!!? )

The whole idea of marijuana being illegal happened years ago when the mexicans immigrated to America. Along with their man-power, they brought some weed and smoked it during jobs.
Americans got the idea that marijuana was some kind of magical thing that turned mexicans into demons. They thought that was how they could do much work on such little pay.

Here is the vid, by the way: http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&source=hp&q=bullshit war on drugs video&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
John and Teller DO speak the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:04 pm
* Bump, to the top! *  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:13 pm
Captain_Shinzo
As a man who has studied Mari-jane for so many years, I know PLENTY on that topic for people who think marijuana is bad.
Bullshit, the show, actually did a seminar about this, which I will send a link to it soon, and it was FOR marijuana. They didn't say much on what it contained but they did talk of the Bullshit War on drugs.

( Note: The war on drugs, in total of the 80 years, has cost us more then 90 billion dollars in total and has barely made a dent in it. In fact, Heroin is now cheaper and easier for children to get then it use to be back in the 1900s.
This is mostly because the War on Drugs act stops drugs from getting in and out of the country. They don't bother with drugs IN the country too often.
The rules are crazy, too. California has legalized medical marijuana, BUT growing marijuana is illegal. What the ********?!?!!? )

The whole idea of marijuana being illegal happened years ago when the mexicans immigrated to America. Along with their man-power, they brought some weed and smoked it during jobs.
Americans got the idea that marijuana was some kind of magical thing that turned mexicans into demons. They thought that was how they could do much work on such little pay.

Here is the vid, by the way: http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&source=hp&q=bullshit war on drugs video&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
John and Teller DO speak the truth.
Hmm... I'm hesitant to believe everything in that video.
Just as the bullshit videos from middle school were anti-drug propaganda, this is pro-drug propaganda.

I agree with most of their ideas.
But stuff like their statistics are probably just as much bullshit as their opponents'.
I mean think about it. How do you know if drug use has risen or fallen among high schoolers?
Probably a survey, right?
But even when it's completely anonymous, no one answers those things truthfully.
When I was given those in high school, we either filled in whatever or filled in something completely ridiculous.
And since they probably don't survey every teenager in America, they get a representative group.
But this is where results can be completely ******** up by incompetance and bias.
You want to prove that drug use is low? Survey kids in a rural small town.
Want to prove that it's high? Survey kids in the city.

Most media that I've found for or againts drug use are biased mostly because the people who are taking the time to right them are passionate about either side.
But because of that, you can never completely trust what you hear unless you have a way of testing it for yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:21 pm
The video was just to show their ideas on drugs.
Most of their numbers I noticed must be BS since they said numbers that their opponents said were just pulled out their asses.
However, this just shows how stupid statistics are anyway.
But it does show AND tell how the War on Drugs is just ridiculous.
The prison Warden wanted to do random car searches!
and let us not forget the federal government fund project stated at the end.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Raticiel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:19 am
G4NTZ
how much do you think north american and european governments would charge for a pack of 5 joints? or would it be sold by weight values? Think it'd vary from place to place?
I'm not sure there is something similar in other countries, but in Poland you can buy a semi-marijuana stuff in normal shops and it even has a Bobby's face on the bag xd of course it doesn't contain any wink and it costs circa 10 euro for a tiny pack (don't remember it's weight xd ) I wonder how long those "smart shops" will last. Oh yeah, it's supposed to be a "herbal incense" rofl  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff