Welcome to Gaia! ::

PlayStation Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Playstation, playstation 3, Final Fantasy, xbox 360, Sony 

Reply PSP - Coming Soon!
Try the PSPgo befor you buy it at a sony store..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you getting a PSPgo
  yes
  no
View Results

SteelGorilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:48 pm
i pre-ordered the PSPgo today and while looking through the sony style web page i found this sonystyle web page
and it says that starting the 23rd they will have PSPgo's on display that you can use at sony stores, they have a list of locations there also

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:48 pm
cool unfortunely they are not sony stores in my area and i really dont need a psp go....reasons cant be said here  

whitewolf10
Crew

SteelGorilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:11 pm
whitewolf10
cool unfortunely they are not sony stores in my area and i really dont need a psp go....reasons cant be said here

i see  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:24 pm
the new psp is going 2 be gay cus u hace 2 download the games and its going 2 be smaller  

Xx_Kaos_Demon_xX

SteelGorilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:29 pm
Xx_Kaos_Demon_xX
the new psp is going 2 be gay cus u hace 2 download the games and its going 2 be smaller

no.....its gonna be amazing !!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:48 am
They are doing a deal where before March 2010, you can download any 3 titles from a list of about 14 (Resistance retribution, killzone liberation, medievil, socom etc)
Quote:
A post on the community section of Sony Europe’s website outlines the company’s game plan regarding the sticky situation of convincing consumers to upgrade from their current UMD fed PSPs to the new, ultra portable PSP Go. So, what’s the plan? We’ll let it be stated in their own words. From the post:

The PSPgo rewards scheme will allow you to kick start your Go collection with a couple of free games for those who currently own an older PSP.

What you’ll be able to do is download 3 games from a selection of 17, these can either be games from your current UMD collection or 3 new titles. The full list is as follows:

• Killzone Liberation
• Medievil
• Wipeout Pure
• Buzz Brain Bender
• Buzz Master Quiz
• SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo
• Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
• Everybody’s Golf
• Resistance: Retribution
• Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
• Lemmings
• LocoRoco
• Patapon
• Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
• Echochrome
• Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
• Daxter

The process of obtaining these titles is as follows

1. Unwrap your shiny new PSPgo and start it up
2. Connect to PlayStationNetwork and activate your new or existing PlayStation Network account for PSPgo Rewards
3. Start up your current PSP and connect to PlayStation Network
4. Login using the same PlayStation Network account , and launch PlayStation®Store
5. Pop one of your UMDs into the drive of your current PSP and register on PSPgo Rewards when prompted
6. Download a PSPgo theme
7. Wait for your email voucher for your three free games
8. Choose, download and enjoy!

This is going to begin on 1 October 2009 and will run until 31 March 2010.

Sounds…complicated. Also, we love how this is referred to as a “scheme”. No word yet on whether or not this same plan, or scheme, will be unleashed on US soil, but one would think it would…And so, the question remains…”To upgrade, or not to upgrade???” We’ll keep you posted as we learn more.
Source

They are also planning a kind of trade off for if you give them 3 umd games, they will let you download something (I think, that was the plan at least but im not sure if they are still going through with it. I know the conversion idea was put off)
Quote:
Well, this pretty much sucks…After stating that a plan to transfer UMD games from the PlayStation Portable to the UMD-less PSP Go was in the works, Sony Computer Entertainment of America has now apparently confirmed that no such transfer system will be available in the US. Speaking to Kotaku, a spokesman stated that “We were evaluating a UMD conversion program, but due to legal and technical reasons we will not be offering the program at this time.”

This despite Sony Europe’s announcement earlier this week that it will provide a “PSP Go Rewards Program” that allows owners of UMD games to exchange up to three of their titles for the digital counterpart or simply choose from other titles on a select list before a certain cut-off date.

So, despite the glimmer of hope that is the phrase “at this time” in the quote above, it appears that supporters of Sony’s PlayStation Portable in the US will have to repurchase their library of games if they plan to continue supporting the platform by picking up the $250 PSP Go when it launches next week.
Link  

MrNonexistant

whitewolf10
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:29 am
i wonder if you could trade in your umd games to like game stop and get credit and get vouchers to download games......that be cool.... oh and SteelGorilla did know what i ment by what i said i will message you if you want to know less you dont care  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:46 pm
whitewolf10
i wonder if you could trade in your umd games to like game stop and get credit and get vouchers to download games......that be cool.... oh and SteelGorilla did know what i ment by what i said i will message you if you want to know less you dont care

ya, i figured it out...  

SteelGorilla

SteelGorilla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:50 pm
-0Damarus0-
They are doing a deal where before March 2010, you can download any 3 titles from a list of about 14 (Resistance retribution, killzone liberation, medievil, socom etc)
Quote:
A post on the community section of Sony Europe’s website outlines the company’s game plan regarding the sticky situation of convincing consumers to upgrade from their current UMD fed PSPs to the new, ultra portable PSP Go. So, what’s the plan? We’ll let it be stated in their own words. From the post:

The PSPgo rewards scheme will allow you to kick start your Go collection with a couple of free games for those who currently own an older PSP.

What you’ll be able to do is download 3 games from a selection of 17, these can either be games from your current UMD collection or 3 new titles. The full list is as follows:

• Killzone Liberation
• Medievil
• Wipeout Pure
• Buzz Brain Bender
• Buzz Master Quiz
• SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo
• Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
• Everybody’s Golf
• Resistance: Retribution
• Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
• Lemmings
• LocoRoco
• Patapon
• Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
• Echochrome
• Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
• Daxter

The process of obtaining these titles is as follows

1. Unwrap your shiny new PSPgo and start it up
2. Connect to PlayStationNetwork and activate your new or existing PlayStation Network account for PSPgo Rewards
3. Start up your current PSP and connect to PlayStation Network
4. Login using the same PlayStation Network account , and launch PlayStation®Store
5. Pop one of your UMDs into the drive of your current PSP and register on PSPgo Rewards when prompted
6. Download a PSPgo theme
7. Wait for your email voucher for your three free games
8. Choose, download and enjoy!

This is going to begin on 1 October 2009 and will run until 31 March 2010.

Sounds…complicated. Also, we love how this is referred to as a “scheme”. No word yet on whether or not this same plan, or scheme, will be unleashed on US soil, but one would think it would…And so, the question remains…”To upgrade, or not to upgrade???” We’ll keep you posted as we learn more.
Source

They are also planning a kind of trade off for if you give them 3 umd games, they will let you download something (I think, that was the plan at least but im not sure if they are still going through with it. I know the conversion idea was put off)
Quote:
Well, this pretty much sucks…After stating that a plan to transfer UMD games from the PlayStation Portable to the UMD-less PSP Go was in the works, Sony Computer Entertainment of America has now apparently confirmed that no such transfer system will be available in the US. Speaking to Kotaku, a spokesman stated that “We were evaluating a UMD conversion program, but due to legal and technical reasons we will not be offering the program at this time.”

This despite Sony Europe’s announcement earlier this week that it will provide a “PSP Go Rewards Program” that allows owners of UMD games to exchange up to three of their titles for the digital counterpart or simply choose from other titles on a select list before a certain cut-off date.

So, despite the glimmer of hope that is the phrase “at this time” in the quote above, it appears that supporters of Sony’s PlayStation Portable in the US will have to repurchase their library of games if they plan to continue supporting the platform by picking up the $250 PSP Go when it launches next week.
Link

it seems like thats only for europe, for now at least  
PSP - Coming Soon!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces