Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
A bunch of idiots!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the illegal aliens be allowed to go to college?
  Yes
  No
  Who cares
View Results

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 am
Drarksupersaiyan
Lord Bitememan
Cherry is about 98% correct on this. My only caveat is that if illegals want to go to school, they should be ineligible for public grants and support. There are plenty of needy individual Americans who need those grants.

Furthermore, there should be no need for illegals to come here for university level education. UNAM is a fine school, the absolute best in Latin America and on par with anything you would get in the states. Illegals are more than capable of getting a first rate education in their own country, they do not need one here. But, if they are so inclined, they should pay for it themselves.

I absolutely agree. But how would you punish those who have been caught here illegally.

Simple. you deport them. It doesn't matter where they came from, if they are here against our law, you send them home.

And on the note of the colleges: They don't have student visas, so the answer is no. And furthermore, if these 13 are here illegally...what are we waiting for! Send them back to Mexico.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 am
Also, I want to say for the record: Cuba is a different matter. We let Cubans stay as refugees due to our distaste of the Castro regime. So letting Cubans in is different. In ALL ways.  

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:25 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
People shouldn't be judged by where they came from. Just because you were not fortunate to be born in the US doesn't mean that you should be stuck behind some border while tons of forms need to be filed and sorted to wait for years while your family is starving.

Years? I have a family member who lived in Mexico for a couple because of business and when he came back to the states it took him a few months. Also I think your exaggerating about the starving. Mexico's economy is actually growing. Their economy is the 8th in the world last I checked. The jobs are starting to come back like the oil industry, their supposed to be getting really big now so is minerals, agriculture, new business of manufacturing and assembly, telecommunications, tourism.

I think you're generalizing. Our illegal immigrants don't just come from Mexico.

And yes, I know for a fact that many take years. I have many friends who have family waiting to come up here. My neighbors are Puerto Rican, and I actually know some illegal immigrants.

The only time I do not agree with illegal aliens staying here is when they work for less money in a business... but this is more the business's fault trying to pry to their advantage.

Quote:
and I actually know some illegal immigrants
u should do the right thing and report them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:30 pm
yall have no idea how happy i was when i read about the new arizona law.  

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:37 pm
I think some people are scared for no reason. I really find it hard to believe that Arizona would pass this bill without foresight. I'm Hispanic, but other Hispanic people seem to think that the law, and similar laws, will be exploited and turned into some race-basis.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:07 pm
A Lonely Leaf
I think some people are scared for no reason. I really find it hard to believe that Arizona would pass this bill without foresight. I'm Hispanic, but other Hispanic people seem to think that the law, and similar laws, will be exploited and turned into some race-basis.

to avoid that have a white guy and mexican guy do it together  

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers