Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Haunting or just my imagination?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 pm
Okay I'm just wondering if my house is haunted because I've had a lot of experiences but not all close to the same time or even within the same year. Yes weird I know.

Okay I'll just list mine. Not my parents.

I've always,ALWAYS heard voices when my head rests on my pillow at night(this happens even after my bed has been moved ten times. I just varies.)

One time when I was alone in my house(trailer) I was in my parents bathroom(at the opposite end of the trailer while my room was on the other end) and I just had this horrible feeling that something would hurt me if I was in that room. The feeling didn't remove until I ran all the way to my room and shut my f=door and completely locked it.

I swear when I was sleeping on the couch(well I wasn't sleeping I was just awake and doing "something" and when I finished I opened my eyes and I saw a bracelet shaped object floating over my kitchen counter.

When me and my mom where moving some stuff out of storage we heard something like an electronic toy go off or something with a voice. The only things that could've done that was my MP3(which was off and in my room) the electronic dartboard(which had no batteries)and my electronic talking pikachu(which had dead batteries and was in my parents room) and every electronic was off in my house.

so what do ya'll think?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:47 pm
I don't think any such perceptions ought to be disregarded. If you experience something specific often, maybe there's a message for you even if it's from parts of your mind. If you're comfortable with protection, I would say investigate the matter head on or set up preventative measures if you would have no more of the unusual living arrangements.  

Viscerim

Some Dude From Guam

Versatile Genius

7,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:05 pm
There is a possibility that it is neither a haunting or your imagination, or it could be both, or either.

One can argue philosophically that we constantly create our world by perceiving it--in lieu of that, it is reasonable to think that a free mind filled with focused (or unfocused) energy can perceive anything it wants to, even if consciously, the keeper of that mind may not identify with such an intention. Dreaming while awake, so to speak.

However, the haunting possibility is also reasonable, since an awakened mind tends to attract spiritual energy because of said mind's ability to perceive it. Your very membership in this guild points to the idea that you accept the possibility of such things happening--an intelligent non-corporeal entity may notice it and attempt to employ your humanity to accomplish its own ends (be them benign or malignant).

Either case can be resolved. In the former, the idea being your imagination, more training and discipline of the mind (not to be insulting, as we all can use some of this) may focus your energies. If your mind is dreaming while you are awake, perhaps more adequate sleep or relaxation meditations before bed can induce it to process everything then.

If it is another entity, then I agree strongly with Viscerim in reference to protection and investigation. The LBRP or any other encircling technique would allow for your safety--you may even opt for the creation of a servitor with the specific purpose of thwarting the occurences, a spiritual watchdog, so to speak.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:55 am
Well you live in a trailer. This may disolve any sort of "traditional" haunting as trailers A. Aren't stuck in one place and B. usually don't have many previous occupants.

This means that If you are haunted it might have more to do with You then your place of residence unless you had a very unlucky lot number. Or it might be an object in your house.

I completely misread what you wrote for a second... I thought the electronic items all went off in your house for a second lol
The most telling thing for me would be if your parents came to the conclusion that something odd was happening without you mentioning to them what you thought was happening.

As to seeking protection I would suggest having someone who can sense spirits look at your house without telling them what you suspect first  

Ishtar Shakti

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:43 pm
Ishtar Shakti
Well you live in a trailer. This may disolve any sort of "traditional" haunting as trailers A. Aren't stuck in one place and B. usually don't have many previous occupants.

This means that If you are haunted it might have more to do with You then your place of residence unless you had a very unlucky lot number. Or it might be an object in your house.

I completely misread what you wrote for a second... I thought the electronic items all went off in your house for a second lol
The most telling thing for me would be if your parents came to the conclusion that something odd was happening without you mentioning to them what you thought was happening.

As to seeking protection I would suggest having someone who can sense spirits look at your house without telling them what you suspect first

Trailers can be stuck in one place for a long time (example- my grandmother's). But heck, if trains can be haunted, why not a trailer?

And on a slightly related note, my boyfriend (who lived in this trailer for two years) and his family would hear footsteps when there wasn't anybody in that part of the trailer, so the possibility is there. Who wants to set up the Haunted Trailers of America tours? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:03 pm
Why do I get a feeling that this is a poltergeist? And not in the ghostly sense but that your powers go haywire. It usually happens to teenage girls (but boys are not unheard of)
Wikipedia wrote: "Some parapsychologists point out that poltergeist phenomena often occur in the vicinity of a focus person, generally a psychologically troubled adolescent. Thus, poltergeists may be instances of non-conscious psychokinesis caused by the focus person, rather than interventions of a ghost or spirit as traditionally believed."
It would also explain a lot of the electrical malfunctions. Try to solve your troubles, as in psychological ones and if that doesn't solve the problem take your ectoplasmic bazooka and fire.  

Saliman Albus

DKMG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:13 pm
i hear voices too...so ur not alone xd  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games