Blood Angel Kahel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keiseki-san

Enigmatic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:39 am
Wa-hey! My first time (I think) to post in the guild forums! XD Sweet! I want to confirm something bout this pic, so it'd be a lot of help if anyone could say anything. ^^ PLease? For manga's sake? XD

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:30 am
Dear Sudaka,

Your artwork is simply extraordinary from this standpoint. The pose benefits the picture as a whole and the wings are wonderfully done. I especially love the way you did his hair and highlighting on the outfit for every fold and crease -- very innovative. My only piece of criticism is that you remove the orange-ish back outline. I see no purpose to it, and having it there only distracts me from the piece. Also, his left wing is perfect, but the right one needs a little work. The bone that would support the outer feathers should curve like that, I believe, unless the wing is going to wrap around to his front. I am unsure if the outer shading areas that are making dips and hills is on purpose or the fault of a scanner, so I will speak of it not. Overall, excellent workmanship, Sudaka! Feel free to post more work.

Sincerely,

~Irmatu  

Irmatu

Beloved Dabbler

Keiseki-san

Enigmatic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:52 pm
Wow! Thanks! Yup.Definitely the wings. XD And yeah, I should've been more creative making a background.Guess I was too lazy... gomen ne~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:38 pm
Wow! I love the coloring you did! I too, think that the wings could use some work... they look too slanted to me, they make me want to look at him sideways to keep him straight. I don't have much more to add except that, yes, adding a background would make this really great!  

ladymoongem

Keiseki-san

Enigmatic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:45 pm
Uh huh.^^ That for the least, I could practice on the perspective. Ahahaha~ thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:56 pm
this is a nice work in all. But I think the colour of the daggers doesn't fit. I think they'd look better in a yellow or orange colour to go with the yellow stripe down his middle. The blues are beautiful and look nice with the small use of a contrating colour.

I love the way you've done the folds in the clothing.  

cold-blooded-angel

sonya_chan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:37 pm
this is qquite nice, especially the pose and the shading! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:50 pm
Thats relly good. But I agree with Irmatu about the orange outline. I see no conception in it. Keep up the good work!  

Bloodied Chains

Keiseki-san

Enigmatic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:04 am
Lol. Thanks lots, everyone! ^_^ I'll try harder!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:42 am
to put it down frankly you are a great artist, and though I think the use of a computer would help you out with the coloring (and perhaps inking), but everything about this peice is great! don't get me wrong, there is always room for improvement! but I think its great just the way it is.  

Chisaki_sama

Keiseki-san

Enigmatic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:55 pm
heart heart thanks! I considered digitally doing the piece, but seeing as I don't have a scanner and photoshop and a drawing tablet, oh well... XD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:50 am
I LIKE the wings. *envyenvyenvy*  

shoushirei

The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas