Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
YUU*GI*OU Character Discussions Alert Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 pm
Thanks, yeah, I just figure there won't really be another opportunity like this, so I should take it.
Haha, no, all the stuff listed has varying due dates, though it's all soonish. XD;;
Hmm, that's weird. I didn't get any critical error stuff, though last night there were times where Gaia just wouldn't load for a few minutes.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:12 am
Yea it was weird, it only lasted for about 20 minutes, however it was 9:00pm my time, so it was 1:00/noon/2:00pm (I can't remember when you line up with the bay, and when you are an hour off, and which way that hour goes, too lazy to go look it up haha) your time, so idk if it was just effecting the UK, or just that one time period in which you might not have been on. Anyhow whatever, after that everything was fine for me.

And yes, there are definitely some opportunities I wish I'd jumped on, because even if you get the chance to go again (and you hopefully will) it will be something else. And I doubt there will ever be a time in your life where you look back and say, "ya know, I just went to Japan TOO many times in my life." razz

Well good luck getting through your list, I really should make some headway on mine today. But first to the post office! And other fun stuff.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:16 pm
Haha, I hope you don't expect me to be productive and go look up how the Arizona/California time zone thing works, because dammit, we don't even do daylight savings here. XD We're the laziest state ever when it comes to keeping track of time.
Yeah, not to mention that I'd be getting credit for a class I would've taken anyway that same semester, might as well do it in Japan, eh?
Thank you, and best of luck to you as well!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:05 am
Haha, you're Mountain time right? I believe you are 7 hours behind (whereas California is 8 hours behind), at least right now. I think during "standard" time...I have no idea. Actually, I'm not sure if England does the DSL thing, I should find out huh? sweatdrop

If England does DSL then you'll probably end up 8 hours behind at that point, line up with the bay who will stay 8 hours behind. I assume England does because I'm pretty sure Cali is always 8 hours off from here. Oye my head hurts, haha. The time stamp on your last post (to me) says 5:16am. Whatever time it says for you is the time difference between us, and forget California for now. Who lives there? Nobody!!! Hahaha j/k j/k to all my family and friends who are not nobodies. xd

Exactly! Because after class, when you go outside, you are in friggin Japan! I can't recall if you said, is this a summer abroad program? Or is it in the spring?  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:07 pm
Yeah, I think I'm mountain time. I always forget. XP But man, time zones are so confusing. And the time stamp says 10:16AM for me, so that would put us seven hours apart.
Yes, it would be in the summer.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:18 am
Yup, I think that's right. Once I hit Standard time we'll be 8 hours apart though, and you'll for awhile be lined up with the bay. I finally just looked it up now. In England it's called "summer time" not DST, which is weird. Just because it extends beyond summer, haha. The one thing I have to figure out though is if Standard time here and Standard time in the bay are the same, because a few years ago in the US things kinda changed to make DST longer, but I dunno if that was on a global scale. Another weird thing, if this map is right, Arizona - in addition to being the only state that doesn't observe DST - used to use DST. So I'm not sure when or why you guys dropped it. Maybe it just didn't make enough of a difference to your days/seasons to observe it? But yea the majority of the world observed DST at one point (I'm not going to say I'm great at the map percentage here, but rough guess it's only about 1/3rd or so who use it now), other than some areas in Northern South America (what a weird phrase) and the majority of Africa. There are also a few places in Asian and Australia, but yea, Africa was the biggest hold out (and now it's only Egypt and three other countries there that use it).

Ok going to end random geography type lesson now, haha. If I'm going to procrastinate my homework I should at least do something less lame. xd  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:51 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure how all the countries match up on all of that, though at least it seems mostly similar in all the more developed areas. I'm not sure exactly why Arizona stopped using DST, but I think it has something to do with how much sun we get anyway. Like I heard it's so uncomfortable being in the sun all the time, and since we've got so many artificial light sources, we figured it wasn't worth the time switch just to get more light. We do get less light in the winter and such, but it is also true that our seasons hardly change.
Haha, but aww, I thought your mini geography lesson was interesting. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:22 am
Well why thank you then. razz  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain