Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Religion's Origion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:10 pm
The brain being dead doesn't have to be a sign of human death, yes, but is a sign of non-body function. Without that, no move body.
It MIGHT have an alternate power source. But if it did, that means it either needs an electrical or mental source. Obviously, energy isn't traveled through mental powers and if you have to put an electrical source in each dead body, it isn't worth it NOR will it work properly.

Again, I said zombie-LIKE. A zombie is describe as an organism moving beyond state of mind and may possibly be under Vital Energy.
There are different types of zombies, anyway. Your talking of the Hollywood zombie, a zombie being alive beyond medical reasoning.

Also, we can control ourselves freely. Or atleast the brain does. It sends the ways into the nerves that moves the body, without that then there is nothing to work upon. Why do you think animals jitter when a shock of small electricity is sent through them?

Moving on, you said you were going to control them with something.
What could you put into them that can make them not only walk and function like your Hollywood zombie BUT also allows you to control them?

Cells in the brain are alive at times, yes, but that doesn't mean all the cells and that doesn't mean they have the same capability of working as they did before.

Death: The point were an organism is not living, moving, or have the capability of preforming actions.

This is why zombies, as seen on TV, are called UN-dead.

Here are a few mistakes you made.

" We are talking about zombies. I can take a dead brain and a dead heart and add a power source. "

This means your reanimating it with special activity and REVIVING it, meaning it is no longer has the ability to be a zombie. Not only that, you don't need a power source. You need something that it will work upon.

Look at a computer. It uses a power source, yes. But it has computer chips inside that has data that makes the computer uses capabilities.
without that, it would just be a blue screen.

Same goes for a zombie.
Even if you could bring it to life, it would not have the ability to think even the most basic of actions. It would be a retarded vegetable in other words.

That is if you COULD have this zombie up and running.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:20 pm
Captain_Shinzo
The brain being dead doesn't have to be a sign of human death, yes, but is a sign of non-body function. Without that, no move body.
It MIGHT have an alternate power source. But if it did, that means it either needs an electrical or mental source. Obviously, energy isn't traveled through mental powers and if you have to put an electrical source in each dead body, it isn't worth it NOR will it work properly.

Again, I said zombie-LIKE. A zombie is describe as an organism moving beyond state of mind and may possibly be under Vital Energy.
There are different types of zombies, anyway. Your talking of the Hollywood zombie, a zombie being alive beyond medical reasoning.

Also, we can control ourselves freely. Or atleast the brain does. It sends the ways into the nerves that moves the body, without that then there is nothing to work upon. Why do you think animals jitter when a shock of small electricity is sent through them?

Moving on, you said you were going to control them with something.
What could you put into them that can make them not only walk and function like your Hollywood zombie BUT also allows you to control them?

Cells in the brain are alive at times, yes, but that doesn't mean all the cells and that doesn't mean they have the same capability of working as they did before.

Death: The point were an organism is not living, moving, or have the capability of preforming actions.

This is why zombies, as seen on TV, are called UN-dead.

Here are a few mistakes you made.

" We are talking about zombies. I can take a dead brain and a dead heart and add a power source. "

This means your reanimating it with special activity and REVIVING it, meaning it is no longer has the ability to be a zombie. Not only that, you don't need a power source. You need something that it will work upon.

Look at a computer. It uses a power source, yes. But it has computer chips inside that has data that makes the computer uses capabilities.
without that, it would just be a blue screen.

Same goes for a zombie.
Even if you could bring it to life, it would not have the ability to think even the most basic of actions. It would be a retarded vegetable in other words.

That is if you COULD have this zombie up and running.
So you mean computers are "alive", as those chips are like brain? Don't forget about the software. When it comes to a zombie I guess the soft is the will of the one moving it.

What are other types of zombies? I know of those who are no longer alive but are acting like they are alive . I don't revive a puppet. I'm moving it somehow. You can't say there is no way to make a zombie move, as there's even a way to make a pile of junk move (then it is called "robot"). Technical issues aren't important here, the important thing is the border between life and death.  

Raticiel

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 pm
The " technical issue " is that you can't get a zombie to move without controlling it with your own will. That would be like controlling a puppet. It wouldn't be a zombie, it would be an attack doll. Plus, I find it hard to do it in the first place.
The computer was an example of using data. Software is useless without data or else it is STILL just a blue screen. A computer may not be alive.
However, you keep trying to tell me the boundaries of life and death as to living is slim so why try to contradict me on this? You only turn into a hypocrite.
There are lots of different types of zombies. Some can be mummies, voodoo zombies, and ect... But those are Hollywood magic examples.
Your moving it SOMEHOW. That is the keyword yet again and you haven't answered it. HOW are you moving this thing?
and yes, you can make a pile of junk move but that involves pushing force on that pile meaning you MADE it happen. You can make a robot move, yes, but you did do it yourself by adding the necessities. A robot is different from a human because:
A. You can give it the power to preform a specific task by building it that way. Zombies don't work that way because they are built to be walking humans.
B. That robot needs an action to move it, correct? Gears and such will move it along with the energy given.

There are just two questions you haven't answered for me or atleast not an answer I can live with.

1. HOW is it possible to control a zombie?
2. How is possible to make a zombie animate without it being alive?

You are only telling me what a zombie IS. You wont tell me why.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:18 am
Religion wasn't created in either of the two ways you detailed. It was created out of fear of the unknown. Say a caveman looks up at the sun and doesn't know what it is. How will he know that it won't fall on him? It's much easier to believe a golden chariot in the sky, being pulled by the sun god, is what causes the sun rather than just not knowing. Humans are the great definers.  

The Singular Enigma

Raticiel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:03 am
The Singular Enigma
Religion wasn't created in either of the two ways you detailed. It was created out of fear of the unknown. Say a caveman looks up at the sun and doesn't know what it is. How will he know that it won't fall on him? It's much easier to believe a golden chariot in the sky, being pulled by the sun god, is what causes the sun rather than just not knowing. Humans are the great definers.
I'd pretty much agree with that. I guess one of the most unknown things was death, when people started to have stronger bonds with each other they started making ideas of afterlife. But I know religion is not only about eschatology. Actually what you pointed out is also the origin of philosophy and science.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:13 am
Captain_Shinzo
The " technical issue " is that you can't get a zombie to move without controlling it with your own will. That would be like controlling a puppet. It wouldn't be a zombie, it would be an attack doll. Plus, I find it hard to do it in the first place.
The computer was an example of using data. Software is useless without data or else it is STILL just a blue screen. A computer may not be alive.
However, you keep trying to tell me the boundaries of life and death as to living is slim so why try to contradict me on this? You only turn into a hypocrite.
There are lots of different types of zombies. Some can be mummies, voodoo zombies, and ect... But those are Hollywood magic examples.
Your moving it SOMEHOW. That is the keyword yet again and you haven't answered it. HOW are you moving this thing?
and yes, you can make a pile of junk move but that involves pushing force on that pile meaning you MADE it happen. You can make a robot move, yes, but you did do it yourself by adding the necessities. A robot is different from a human because:
A. You can give it the power to preform a specific task by building it that way. Zombies don't work that way because they are built to be walking humans.
B. That robot needs an action to move it, correct? Gears and such will move it along with the energy given.

There are just two questions you haven't answered for me or atleast not an answer I can live with.

1. HOW is it possible to control a zombie?
2. How is possible to make a zombie animate without it being alive?

You are only telling me what a zombie IS. You wont tell me why.
Well, I am no engineer, just a mere philosopher and I'm trying to think about the possibility of these creatures, their conceivability. So I don't exactly know how to do that technically. But if I see things that are non-organic moving then why not something like this? I could use something to impregnate the cells, and find out a way to boost it with power and go! And controlling it: well I'm sure if it can be moved, just like you say, as a doll (I never said such zombie would be something much different from a puppet), or something like that - there are many ways to control such things - you can even control toys with that. If what you mean is I don't find zombies having free will - then that's exactly what I think is impossible.  

Raticiel

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces