Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:19 pm
Happy New Year!!!!! cheese_whine

new year, new goals!

I'm keeping arpeggios on my list because although I played through them, I've neglected them in the latter part of 2010 and have become rusty. Other goals:

2.) Be more attentive to subtle body cues of musicians in chamber ensemble
3.) Enter my school's concerto competition (easy) and a national competition( not so easy)
4.) use my musical skill to help someone (vague enough it might just work)
5.) Nail down my bow hold. I spent all of 2010 experimenting and I've yet to find something that's a "keeper" throughout an entire piece. confused

Let's welcome 2011 with a revived spirit and passion for music!!! What are your goals this year?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:55 pm
get excepted to a music programe at a university
have an awsome fall semester in collage music
persue the 2011 music challenge where I learn a new insturment every month of the year  

Gakushi123

Queen Hera Kami

Sweet Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 pm
Er get high grades in the the Orchestra competition.
learn new trick to play better.
Help my friend learn how to play low 2's and flats (Taught him everything he knows, seems he cant get those two down.)
Try out for the High school orchestra, hope i score high to get me in the high ranking chamber.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:32 pm
Uh... I really only have one... and it's not going to happen.

Play Praeludium and Allegro up to speed... (Possible performing quality.)  

Ayame-Yukari

Katherine Gray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 pm
1. work on arm vibrato (my wrist vibrato is good, so...arm vibrato i have yet to master)
2. write a piece for violin, piano, and cello, and write lyrics to go with it (halfway there)
3. get a better bow hold (i used to have a good one but i lost it somehow and now i drop the bow a lot...and its kinda embarrassing)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:59 pm
1. Get Debussy Arabesque no.1 to performing standard -almost there.
2. Master my Cello bow hold and vibrato
3. Master vibrato on my alto Sax.
4. Not fail my scales again.
5. Get distinctions in all my grades.
6. Start learning the Harp - so close I can almost taste it.
7. Master Harmony and Counterpoint.
8, Build up a composition portfolio.
9.Enter some composition competitions

I have a lot of goals...  

maddie_duckie

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:26 pm
Ayame-Yukari
Uh... I really only have one... and it's not going to happen.

Play Praeludium and Allegro up to speed... (Possible performing quality.)

Gah! I played that piece freshman year and it kicked my @$$. Now, I play it and I wonder why I found it so hard. XP . don't worry, a year or so from now you might experience the same thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 pm
Katherine Gray
1. work on arm vibrato (my wrist vibrato is good, so...arm vibrato i have yet to master)
2. write a piece for violin, piano, and cello, and write lyrics to go with it (halfway there)
3. get a better bow hold (i used to have a good one but i lost it somehow and now i drop the bow a lot...and its kinda embarrassing)

I used to have really good arm vibrato but since I've rarely used it it's kinda merged with my wrist vibrato and whenever I do arm vibrato for lo/slow notes it kind of morphs into hand vibrato. confused I wonder what my audience thinks or if hey even notice, but I want to learn finger vibrato....next year! xp and bowholds....seriously that's harder than any left hand technique. I'd rather play the Bach Chaccone.  

Gjornia X

N1GHT QU33N

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 am
Here are mine!
1) Win a regional competition I'm entering! I'll be singing Der Holle Rache (Queen of the Night aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute)
2) Perform Beethoven's Pathetique perfectly for my upcoming piano recital
3) Audition for a university vocal teacher and be accepted! (as I am only 15)
smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:18 pm
Make All-State (Next school year) on my bassoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD  

Chardryn

Business Kitten

7,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • First step to fame 200

Bianca653

3,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm
my goal is to try getting better at singing and see if i can hold a long note for about a minute
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 pm
the most beautiful rainbow...User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Even though I haven't introduced myself in the introductions thread, whatever. XD
This year (regarding piano) I have to get my AmusA piece up to standard for a pass or pass with high distinction. sweatdrop I failed twice, or as AMEB so kindly tells me, I 'was not awarded'.

For trumpet, I just want to be able to hit a high G and above for a lonng time. cool I improved so much these 2 years! I didn't touch the trumpet for a year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show....is the one in your heart

mangoes and cream

Mega Fatcat

16,450 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Kea of doom

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 am
Sakura Parfait
Better my voice quality. Because amongst everyone in my college choir, I sound like a middle schooler. x_x My voice just sounds...young compared to everyone else who has a more mature voice. xD
You can do it! The trick is breath support. Seriously. That is what has pushed my voice into college-level from high school choir mode. Don't over support, but be conscious of all those little muscles in your abs and ribs and keep those lungs up and out. Good luck~!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 am
Oh yeah, and my goals... Hmm. I am writing a piano piece for my fiancé's master's recital, that's a big goal. We also have two small church performances in the summer that I need to learn music for. And, I'd also like to get a good chunk done of the scherzo/minuet&trio for my wind quintet. If I can get all of that done... I'll be pretty happy! But somehow... I doubt it -_-  

Kea of doom

Beloved Friend

Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas