Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Decipher My Dream?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

regina_in_exile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:46 am
so i have been trying to figure out what this dream i had was all about. i normally DO NOT dream. i pass out and i wake up and there is nothing else to it unless we get into astral projection discussions. anywho, when i do have a dream, i tend to remember it. this one is from a week or so ago and it was extremely gross and morbid in my opinion.

in the beginning, i was talking to my fiance and i noticed something weird on the side of his temple, a bump. a rather large bump! so upon further investigation, as i had halted all conversation at that point, i poked at it with my finger trying to figure out what it could possibly be, and it moved. it moved like something was running around under the skin of his temple. i flipped out. eventually i am holding his head down and i am opening up the side of his face. with some work, i begin pulling them out, live, huge, fat, black flies! i stare at one in horror grasped between my two fingers. He had so many of them.

So my dream changes and you can see the surroundings. i'm in what looks like a school gymnasium or concrete pool house area. i start looking around for something, the source of all of these flies. i am furious. finally i look up about my head and there is a ventilation system. i hook my fingers into the grate over the vent and pull with all of my body weight. flies stream out of the opening and out of the open doors of the building. i am stuck staring into the vent and i see all these huge fat black flies clinging to the sides, all slow. and in the corner is the body of a baby. it looked new born. covered still in blood and flies.

okay, so majorly morbid and it scared the hell out of me. anyone want a go at trying to figure out what this dream means?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:24 pm
Maybe it has something to do with your fiance and pregnacy?  

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 pm
That's strange, because just the night before the last I also had a baby in my dream (and that's not something I usually dream about) I was pregnant without realizing it and had a miscarriage of sorts, but the baby was still barely alive, but it was flat so I put it in a folder. Strange, I know.

Anyway, dreams are easiest to decipher when you know the "context" of the dream. That is, what are the other things that have been going on in your life that could be related to the dream? For example, when I had a dream about my friend Ian running over his old pet chicken that wouldn't get out of the road (he never really had a chicken in real life) even though it is an odd circumstance, I knew it was because Ian had been telling me about how much his old girlfriend was bothering him and wouldn't get out of his way.

Clearly in your dream the flies are something bad, putrid, and disgusting. The flies that were affecting your fiancé where hidden in his temple, which could indicate that you inwardly believe he may have thoughts that you dislike or opinions you disagree with.

The flies in the school have, as I see it, two possible meanings. If you hate(d) school, it could simply mean that your mind chose a place you found distasteful to house something else you found distasteful, that is, the flies. If you like(d) school, it could also indicate your fear of something disgusting hiding inside of something you like.

As far as the baby is concerned, it depends heavily on how you view babies. Like I said, it's very hard to interpret a dream without knowing a bit of the person's background. If you love babies, and want to have one someday, then the flies covering the baby could indicate that you fear something negative will harm or affect your future baby or your ability to have babies. If you don't want a baby or have a fear of getting pregnant, then the baby could simply be the source of the flies.

Now, I can't say that this is accurate at all, since I don't know you or your situation, but the first impression that I got from your dream is that you want to have children in the future, but you're afraid that your fiancé will not want to have children, or will not want to have them when you want them, or you fear he will not be able to have children. But like I said, I could be totally wrong seeing as I don't know anything about you or your fiancé.

If you have real world information about anything that relates to your dream, you should include it for a more accurate interpretation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:25 am
well, i might agree with the flies in the school being something negative in a place i like- though i have no idea how that would be put to any of my real world experiences. i currently am not attending any schools.

i just found out that there is a good chance that i am pregnant now, though some two weeks ago i had no idea and wasnt worrying about it. so the baby could come into play...

with the flies in the temple thing- i just found out that my fiance has an anxiety issue that is clinical. so... it could be that. but we were not aware of it until a few days ago.

Ack! damn subconscious is running me in circles. i hate when i dream about things before they happen. it's just plain weird.  

regina_in_exile

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Prophetic dreams can be like that, lol. What sucks is when you don't realize that they're prophetic, and then something happens that your dream told you about, and then you're like, "Damn it, I should have realized that!"

Good luck with your possible pregnancy.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:48 pm
that's exactly what frustrates me. lol.

Anywho- thanks. it will be my favorite oopsie. smile  

regina_in_exile

regina_in_exile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:05 am
i'm guessing that if i was pregnant it was not viable because i just spent the most painful night i have ever had in probably years. makes sense now, i guess.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm
regina_in_exile
i'm guessing that if i was pregnant it was not viable because i just spent the most painful night i have ever had in probably years. makes sense now, i guess.

What what?  

Magus Initi

regina_in_exile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:41 pm
exactly what i said. i was ready to go to the doctor and find out how far along i was, not long i am sure. but i must have lost it. i had to take pain pills from my fiance's stash in order to get through it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:33 pm
regina_in_exile
exactly what i said. i was ready to go to the doctor and find out how far along i was, not long i am sure. but i must have lost it. i had to take pain pills from my fiance's stash in order to get through it.

You know, I've heard that most women go through a miscarriage at some point in their life, and many of them don't even know it happened.  

Magus Initi

regina_in_exile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 pm
well, it'll be twice this year for me. hooray... but it is true that some women wont know.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games