Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Clearance Rocks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aluxis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:34 am
So I was up at my local walmart earlier and decided to look though the craft section. Before I got there though I found their clearance section. Most of it was a bunch of junk but I did find a bin of knitting stuff! I got
3 skeins of some pretty yarn
2 circular needles
4 pairs of bamboo needles
2 pair of aluminium needles

all for $1 each! Needless to say I'm pretty excited/happy about it! Especially since I've noticed the bamboo needles can be up to $10 a pair. So even though I technically don't need them yet, I have them for when I do. Which leads me to this question. What do ya'll store your yarn and needles in? My stash is getting larger and larger and it's really all still in the shopping bags right now. I'm not sure what to do with it. Any ideas or suggestions?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:21 pm
I kinda have stuff all over the place sweatdrop You should think about what will work for you  

gemini6184

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:30 am
OMG I wonder if that's a national clearance...
But I just went through all my needles today, put them all in one spot... I have a TON.. and one odd ball, but that's because I get all of my needles for second-hand stores. I got 6 pairs for $2.99 once! But the only thing that sucks about it is that sometimes they try to sell one size 50 needle at a time... I've had the opportunity to buy both, but it was about a month apart.. So I'm S-O-L... oh well! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:54 pm
Oh, I've never thought to look in second hand stores. That's a good idea.  

Aluxis

Lady Brakefall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:47 pm
heart LOVE heart Thrift shops ^.^
only way I can own the pricer stuff sweatdrop

As for were I keep it all
*yarn*
Plastic tubs
floor sweatdrop
boxs

*knitting needles*
Huge shoe box with ribbons
big jar on desk

*hooks*
i got a desk storge thing i found at a thrift shopie for .69
were you put pins i keep some of my hooks i use more often
and it has little places i keep my safe eyes in.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Lucky you! The WalMart where I live was having a clearance sale on fun fur (only white and red) for $1.50 a skein instead of the usual $4.00, so of course I stocked up. ^^

As for where I keep my stuff, I keep my yarn in plastic tubs and very large plastic bags under my bed, and I have a handbag where I keep my crochet hooks, yarn needles and a few spare balls of yarn for on-the-go projects. It's very useful for when I know I'll be going somewhere with some time to spare and don't have time to pack an activity bag or something.  

Aranka Taine

Glitteru

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:49 pm
I use plastic bins, they work great for me. Try it! biggrin  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash