Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Friends, Romans, Countrymen . Lend me your ears . . .

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I will . . .
  Burn My Dread!
  Memento Mori. . .
View Results

Melchiore

Lonely Noob

9,625 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:47 pm
Yes, I am a literary addict and if you noticed that title then chances are, so are you! So my friends, I have been hard at work trying to "perfect" my artistic skills, it is no easy task; nothing worthwhile is ever an easy task. So then, the fruits of my labor is presented as such. I call this Profile Blue Boy. I was messing around in Photoshop making random scribbles while listening to music when it somehow fell into the look of a face with headphones. I was taken aback and thought to myself that I just HAD to complete it. Which brought out the inspiration for my very first profile. I think on an artistic level, this is a huge accomplishment for me but, for a profile it speaks nothing of my ability.
I am currently trying to "revamp" my profile with a more elaborate scheme ( as the last one, the art is a bit huge and the sections seem a bit uncoordinated. So far, the art I made for it looks like this, I want to make the top with the art, something of a banner but the actual section alignments I am at a loss to. I keep trying to outline them but each time they just seem to be the average boxed layout. I am trying to think "outside the box" and unlimit myself. Any comments / suggestions on both sets of artwork / profiles are happily accepted. Criticize it harder yo. =P  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 pm
I'ts a nice idea!

I like how it all joins up, however its a bit boring.

Maybe introduce some more scribbles or more color?

Larzar
Crew

The Striped Cow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:51 pm
It is nice but it needs something.It seems a bit boring and it won´t grab someones attetion right away and what you want as an artist is to grab peoples attetion.You need to distribute it in some other way cause now it looks like a mess and you want it to look nice and well done and add some color or more pictures or something.Just saying.But it looks nice and its a good idea.You can leave it like that if that is what you wish.I am just trying to help.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:44 am
They are interesting drawings. I like the scribbled quality to them. Especially cool how you just happened upon the first one without even trying. I really like the first drawing and the profile you did off of it. The way the cord from the headphones brings you through the whole design is very well done. I'm not as crazy about the second drawing. They do seem a bit bland though. Maybe you could add some color? I would keep it to one color though or it think it will get to crazy.  

dolphinologist

Feather

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:19 pm
It's a good idea for a profile but you need to become a better artist if you want it to work. Your drawing skills are very, very basic.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games