Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Help: Ideas on what to do to sew a Ryoko cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmilyEffinRocks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:49 pm
Hello everyone!

I have only just started getting into the world of crafts and I was hoping I could get some help. I want to cosplay Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo, and I want to make her cosplay, but I'm not really sure where to start, what kind of fabric, or anything else for that matter. xd
This would be the first time I've ever attempted such a project, and I was hoping for some help, cause I'm new to this. whee

Thank you! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:40 pm
Well first, I would gather some reference pictures. (That would help us brainstorm.) As a rule I break costumes into their elements and then go look for the basic elements at the thrift store or use peices I already have. It's easier to use pre-made clothes as a base. You can cut and embellish them from there to match the character.  

gemini6184

EmilyEffinRocks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:08 pm
Ah, thanks for your help! I didn't think to put up a reference image, I failed. lol. sweatdrop

This is the best image I've found that shows off her outfit:
http://images.absoluteanime.com/tenchi_muyo/ryoko.jpg  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:00 pm
I wish I could help, but I don't know much about sewing clothing yet. Common sense suggests that you ought to look for fabric that is comfortable but also is easy to work with, such as non-fraying fabrics.

I'd recommend doing a google search for Ryoko cosplay tutorials. There are tons of how-to's out there that will be far more helpful than I've been. ^^; If you can't find any tutorials, you might have luck finding some Ryoko cosplayer blogs that talk about the fabric choices they used, so you could at least get an idea for that. They also tend to talk about what didn't work, so you'd be able to avoid their mistakes.

Good luck!  

Aranka Taine

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces