Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Ghost and running out of options

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tac400

7,850 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:25 pm
I have a friend who is plagued by a poltergeist of some sort, possessions and other things. Apparently it followed her home from a trip, and started making noises and speaking softly. After she broke down, it possessed her, which was one of the hardest things to fix I had to do. It kept saying it would kill her if it got the chance. Its currently plaguing her mother, and I don't know what to do. I can't be there in person anymore, and shes kinda scared to get someone to exorcise it, because if it fails it will just make things worse. I am scared for her, and need suggestions as to what to do. Please help me help her.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:59 pm
Tac400
I have a friend who is plagued by a poltergeist of some sort, possessions and other things. Apparently it followed her home from a trip, and started making noises and speaking softly. After she broke down, it possessed her, which was one of the hardest things to fix I had to do. It kept saying it would kill her if it got the chance. Its currently plaguing her mother, and I don't know what to do. I can't be there in person anymore, and shes kinda scared to get someone to exorcise it, because if it fails it will just make things worse. I am scared for her, and need suggestions as to what to do. Please help me help her.

well, if you are absolutely positive that it is a ghost, you could try a modified purification spell. i have one in mind that is simple and should work, if the ghost is limited to a house. if its following her, we may need a different approach  

erinnightwalker

Tac400

7,850 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:01 pm
It followed her home, i'm not sure whether or not it will follow her elsewhere. She hasn't been outside the home because shes sick from her flu shot.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:22 pm
If you could convince her to get an exorcism, you could try to contact a local coven or grove in or close to her area ( Yay for internet actually making that sort of thing relatively easy now-a-days!) and ask them to perform an exorcism. From everything I've seen/heard about Christian exorcisms, they almost never work permanently and it always just pisses the entity off. I think it must be because they remove the entity, but don't take further precautionary measures to prevent the spirit from returning.

If she DOES get a Christian exorcism, you'll need to help her take those precautionary measures herself. Teach her to shield, help her make an amulet, tell her what to do to protect her home.

I believe that a lot of possessions/hauntings, etc. have a lot to do with the person's state of mind as well. People that fear spirits or believe themselves to be susceptible to them often ARE the ones that are targeted by nasty things, because it is much easier to torment someone who's already afraid of you anyway.

You could try reminding her that she has guardian spirits/angels. Like I said before, a spirit's strength often depends on the person it's affecting, and people often forget that our guardians can be every bit as powerful as negative spirits, but we need to think of them and ask them to help us.

I have a friend who had a bad spirit plaguing him for a while, but one day he decided to stop being afraid of it, and it went away. Negative spirits love negative emotions, so even though it may be difficult, your friend has to get into a positive frame of mind if she ever wants that thing to go away.  

Magus Initi

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:06 pm
pm is sent, and thank you magus for reminding me! XD if you can, get her to help so she feels more confident in her ability to defend herself.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 pm
erinnightwalker
pm is sent, and thank you magus for reminding me! XD if you can, get her to help so she feels more confident in her ability to defend herself.

I reminded you of something? Well, you're welcome for whatever it was, lol.  

Magus Initi

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games