Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nekojin_cat

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 pm
So I got my daith pierced about seven weeks ago, and it's healed up okayish. It's got a bit of hypertrophic scarring on the front side. I've been putting aspirin on it, but I really don't like how the tablet powder feels if I can't get it all off my ear again. Does anyone have any other remedies for scarring that I can try?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:16 am
I've heard that tea tree oil can help.. might want to dilute it though.
Chamomile tea bags can be used as a soak as well.

I usually just soak the area with hot water twice a day as soon as I notice the scarring and it goes away super fast.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Annihilation Sky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:27 pm
I find hot-sh (not enough to burn) compresses with chamomile tea bags to be most effective.

What sort of jewellery do you have in there at the moment. It could be that causing the irratation making the hypertrophic scaring

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 pm
I have a ring in at the moment - I think it's 16g and about a centimetre in diameter. My piercer told me that she'd probably need to change the ring down to a smaller diameter one so that it was less in the way once the piercing had healed, so it could very well be that the ring is causing irritation. I should really go sort that... >.<
Material-wise, the ring's stainless steel, and none of my other piercings have ever reacted to stainless steel, so that's not as likely to be the issue.  

Nekojin_cat

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Nekojin_cat

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:04 am
Hm. Further update...

Tried the tea tree oil, but it seems to be doing more harm than good. The skin around the piercing now feels taut and is really tender to the touch, so probably infection. I may just stick with the aspirin, and deal with the crumbly bits in my ear... >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 pm
Have you tried the chamomile teabay compresses, they're quite soothing.

Annihilation Sky

Nekojin_cat

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:10 pm
Well, after the tea tree oil I gave my ear a week of just salt water cleaning, and it seems to have settled down again now. The scarring's gone, and I can touch it now without wincing, so I may skip the tea bags as well - though thanks very much for the suggestions.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:14 pm
BioOil is a pretty awesome commercial product you can try too!  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas