Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:37 pm
Prompt 15

Which would be worse: not being able to remember, or not being able to forget? Write a story about either someone with a perfect memory or someone who can't make new ones.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:40 pm
Prompt 16

You are trapped in either someplace high up, or someplace underground, and you are being heavily guarded. Write either a short story, a poem, or a play. If a short story, focus on the action. If a play, focus on the dialogue. If a poem, focus on the imagry, the scenery.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:45 pm
Prompt 17

Hyohakusha: one who wanders aimlessly.

Create a hyohakusha of your own! They can do pretty much anything, but make sure that your story has an ending. Don't be afraid to go as long as you need to to tell your story. Short story format please!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:57 pm
Prompt 18

Write a piece of poetry. The catch: You can only use the words found in your own name.

Say your name was Jane Smith. You could only use the letters J, A, N, E, S, M, I, T, H. Words like sane and main and such.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:59 pm
Prompt 19

Create a story that has these three things:

A movie theater
Three people
A leaf

It must be early morning.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:01 pm
Prompt 20

Write a poem about bathroom tiles and the taste of stolen cookies.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 pm
Prompt 21

Alright, this week's is going to be kind of weird to some of you, but it's lots and lots of fun.

It's time to really let your creativity shine! What you need to do is take a piece of everyday writing (the nutrition label, a menu, TV Guide, etc.) and turn it into a story.

This time, I've got an example for you, since it's kind of hard to understand: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2008/1/15marinovich.html This is what you need to do; Not write a piece based around the piece of writing, but the actual everyday writing itself.

Have fun with it, guys!

P.S. If you're wondering, McSweeney's is an AMAZING literary website. Lots of the writing on it is creative and fun, and I wold reccomend it to any aspiring writers  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:31 pm
Prompt 22

So this year, just like every year your mom insisted on doing your Halloween costume, but something was different when you put this costume on. This year, you weren't pretending to be whatever your mom decided you should be, you actually became that whatever your mom decided you should be.
Write a short story or a poem about this Halloween night.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am
Prompt 23

So I was watching Glee (a new comedy that came out this fall season) and it's about singing (and is similar to high school musical in a sense, but not so Disney. It's a little dirty in parts, but it's pretty good.)

Anywho, back on subject. In Glee they have these things called "Mash-Ups". This is where you take two songs, put them together and sing them.
For those that I confused here's a link to one of them - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Tqdi5NZ3Y&feature=related

So I want you to take two of your favorite songs (more if you are feeling daring) and write a story about them. Try to keep the story to a short story format under 1,500 wordsish (I won't get mad at you if you go over, just try not to make the story 15,000 words please )

Example - if you did "She's Somebody's Hero" by Jamie O'Neal and "What hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts. You could write the story of two friends. One looks up to the other as something of a hero in her tragedy torn life and the other one can only see her broken heart and everything wrong in the world after her break up with a boy.

Include the songs and if possible links to them (try playlist.com if you don't already know of a website for music links) Keep the songs appropriate (keep the cussing to a minimum (if there is cussing please state so next to the link)).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 am
Prompt 24

We have all had those activities that you sit around so bored that you can't wait til it's over and those other activities where time flies by and you wish that time would stop so that you could continue enjoying yourself forever. (wow that was a run on XP )

Write a poem where you describe one of these kind of activities. Use lots of description that emphasizes the activity and the passage of time.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Writing Workshop

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas