Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Prisons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:42 pm
dude pot is a recreation drug it is used to have a good responsible time UNLIKE alcohol where everyone gos driving into the oncoming traffic and most stats are talking about legalizing it it would be a good thing for america and are freedom  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:06 pm
goodshot911SNK
Semiremis
Let out those who are in for drug violations where the offender caused no harm to anyone else. They should be rehabilitated or released depending on their situation.

Reinstate the system of slavery for those who have committed crimes against society. We shouldn't be paying for them, they should be working for us.

I'm against the death penalty, it costs us more money and it's my belief that no one has the right to kill any other human unless in self defense.

These are just some ideas I've been considering. I have no set position on this yet.

see i do agree with all the things you said except the death penalty you are right nobody should take another persons life except in self defence but why these people are in prison is because some poor person could not defend themselves these are monsters that will only kill again and terrorize the people there is no place on this earth for that kind of evil if you don't want to lop there heads off i understand but i would and will and i highly doubt that killing them is more expensive and if so then ill find a low budget way of doing so i got tons of cheep chemicals under my sink that will cuss death go back to hanging them just put a bullet in there head it will not be more expensive

Fair enough. It is more expensive to keep them on death row, the judicial process is very long and much more complex since it is their lives that are at stake. So I take it you would propose finding a cheaper process for those who have received the death penalty?

I can understand what you are saying, it does seem incredibly unfair to the victims and their families in allowing a dangerous criminal to live and to receive care while we the people get to pay for it out of our own pockets. I just don't see the justice in revenge.  

Semiremis

Semiremis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 pm
Lord Bitememan
Semiremis
Reinstate the system of slavery for those who have committed crimes against society. We shouldn't be paying for them, they should be working for us.

Chain gangs. A lot of places have already re-instituted them. The problem with that, though, is that if you don't like Mexicans who come here and undercut domestic labor, you're going to hate an inexhaustible supply of prison labor who works for absolutely nothing.

Good point. What about system where compensation for the labor is payed and somehow distributed to those in the area who are unemployed and could have had those jobs? I don't know, I can see problems with that as well. I'll have to think about it some more.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:14 am
Ruyashie
goodshot911SNK
Ruyashie
goodshot911SNK
well number one pot is MUCH better than alcohol i mean how many people get pregnant off that a day a minute

oh and i seriously dout there would be all that Meany more traffic accidents because people on pot are aware of there surroundings and well take everything slow they aren't angry they are peaceful hungry sleepy retarded people

i am all for it being legalized

and that is not the only benefit if you had read all of what i said number one is we could make alot of money i mean think of the taxes it would be so worth it and it is a NON addictive substance unlike smocking unlike alcohol

and it is just like smoking alot of cigarettes and well kills brain cells but some people are already stupid so yeah

i personally would never do it but well just about everyone i KNOW has done it Sept my grandparents

Actually alcohol is is a beverage. If you drink it as a beverage then you won't get drunk, but what is the reason people use pot? Alcohol quenches some people's thirst, pot just gets them high.

number one the people that get drunk bye consuming more alcohol than they should are doing it the same reason that pot heads do there depressed and they want to have a good time or pier pressure now i will make a forum for this as i think we should dig a little deeper

Like I said Alchol is used as a beverage and quenches your thirst, not just a way to get drunk. But pot just gets you high.

Actually, alcohol dehydrates you. It's not effective at quenching thirst, it just makes your mouth and throat feel wet temporarily. The same effect can be achieved with Coke. So, why do people drink alcohol and not just Coke? Well, obviously there are chemical effects on the body from alcohol that some people consider desirable. That puts it in the same boat as pot.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:18 pm
Semiremis
goodshot911SNK
Semiremis
Let out those who are in for drug violations where the offender caused no harm to anyone else. They should be rehabilitated or released depending on their situation.

I'm against the death penalty, it costs us more money and it's my belief that no one has the right to kill any other human unless in self defense.

These are just some ideas I've been considering. I have no set position on this yet.

see i do agree with all the things you said except the death penalty you are right nobody should take another persons life except in self defence but why these people are in prison is because some poor person could not defend themselves these are monsters that will only kill again and terrorize the people there is no place on this earth for that kind of evil if you don't want to lop there heads off i understand but i would and will and i highly doubt that killing them is more expensive and if so then ill find a low budget way of doing so i got tons of cheep chemicals under my sink that will cuss death go back to hanging them just put a bullet in there head it will not be more expensive

Fair enough. It is more expensive to keep them on death row, the judicial process is very long and much more complex since it is their lives that are at stake. So I take it you would propose finding a cheaper process for those who have received the death penalty?

I can understand what you are saying, it does seem incredibly unfair to the victims and their families in allowing a dangerous criminal to live and to receive care while we the people get to pay for it out of our own pockets. I just don't see the justice in revenge.

look i ant said nothing about waiting 20 years till we kill you it should be next day delivery you die the day after you are scientists with moder since we KNOW who the killer is and you know there is no reason to keep them on this earth so kill them and all the vary low level people just well let them go or make it more serios  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:18 am
I think we should dig a giant pit and put very sharp objects into the pit. With that done, we take the worst person in the U.S. and we push him/her into it to set an example. Then, we kick back and watch the murder rates (or whatever it is called) decline :p  

Enoine

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 pm
I think Prisons is one of the most ineffective tools we could ever have in the US, I'm not for capital or corporal punishment, however, I think the system needs to be reformed. There is high percentages of rape, and the system seems to have a bias.

One:
Drug Abuse seems to be one of the growing causes of being put into prison. [ x ]

Two:
Woman, and "flamboyant" men tend to be raped, beaten, and abused and their files tend to go unreported [ x ]

Three:
There are more African-Americans in prison than European-Americans [ x ]

Last reason I think the prison system needs reform, it doesn't work. My uncle has been put into prison more than 6times, and he was recently released, and moved to Kentucky, he just got put into jail AGAIN! I know that my uncle may be case specific, however, this seems to be a trend among many other people that have been to prison.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:18 pm
I do agree the system is broke there was a guy not to long ago that was serving 60 years in prison released in thirteen years and was put back in to prison twice more and then walked into a cafe not to far from where I live and shot four cops dead one lived in my neighborhood it felt so close to me when I hadn't even know that person but I felt so much anger that man should never have left prison  

goodshot911SNK

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:05 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
I think Prisons is one of the most ineffective tools we could ever have in the US, I'm not for capital or corporal punishment, however, I think the system needs to be reformed. There is high percentages of rape, and the system seems to have a bias.

One:
Drug Abuse seems to be one of the growing causes of being put into prison. [ x ]

Two:
Woman, and "flamboyant" men tend to be raped, beaten, and abused and their files tend to go unreported [ x ]

Three:
There are more African-Americans in prison than European-Americans [ x ]

Last reason I think the prison system needs reform, it doesn't work. My uncle has been put into prison more than 6times, and he was recently released, and moved to Kentucky, he just got put into jail AGAIN! I know that my uncle may be case specific, however, this seems to be a trend among many other people that have been to prison.

People who don't want to behave aren't going to behave. No amount of systematic reform is going to change that. Two things seem to have worked in tandem over the past decade to reduce crime rates. First we had good economic times throughout the mid and late 90s. We also had soft recessions in the 2000s. On top of that, we have much tougher mandatory sentencing laws and numerous "three strikes" laws. The result is that while we have much higher prison populations than we used to, we also have lower crime rates than we did 20 years ago. So, while there is the option that we can institute a bunch of expensive and hard to monitor reforms on our prisons, there's also the individual option these criminals exercise to not screw up. Millions of people annually manage to obey the law, and I personally don't think we ought to start tapping our national veins to accommodate the non-hackers. It's not our responsibility to maintain vacation getaway prisons and lush rehabilitation programs, it's their responsibility to obey the law. Let's not lose sight of that fundamental paradigm.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:16 pm
That doesn't help how there's so much more people from poor neighborhoods, that are not white in our prison... when a majority of the population is white, something has to be skewed, or their has to be some kind of huge social gap that needs to be fixed. If the system is broken, fix it. People are likely to go back to prison after leaving, and even more likely to go back again if they make it a second time. Sure, crime rates are lower, but that might not be the result of our prison system, there may not be any correlation at all. People should come out better when they go through prison, not equal to, or worse.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm
Who goes to prison is largely irrelevant. Criminal justice is not a racial quota system, it's about punishing people who screw up. It's not hard not to screw up. Instead of walking outside, pointing a gun at a passerby, and yelling "gimme your wallet,". . . don't. It's just that simple. I dare say, therefore, that the people who end up in prison aren't hapless victims of incomprehensible and unfair rules. There's nothing unfair about rules that say you can't beat/rob/rape/kill people. It's also not hard to obey those rules. So I see no reason why we ought to go to any particular lengths to make prison a betterment experience for the incarcerated. The incarcerated are the ones who were too stupid/indifferent to abide by these very simple rules. Frankly, they're about where they belong and instead of making prisons cush we ought to make some strict truth in sentencing laws to keep them there for the times the courts say.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:53 pm
you know that is why we should increase are punishment because if people are still going back to prison that means nobody in prison is learning there lessons so we need to increase the punishment by alot I think start making a life sentence in prison till that person DIEs in prison and make the death penalty next day delivery and you will see crime go down and prisons empty  

goodshot911SNK

Skibblez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 pm
i have a crazu unheard-of idea... at our current state, prisoner are a constant, unproductive drain and our tax dollars. needless to say we can't leave them on the streets, but here's my proposal. set aside a small state- under heavy military guard, and ship all the prisoners to that state, and of course all non-prisoners out of it. and in that state have different cities set aside for different types of criminals- rapist cities, pothead cities, murderer cities, thus to protect say a guy that accidentally hit a little girl on a bike from big bubba. and in those cities they will have there own jobs and economies, they will have to grow there own food, take care of their own maintenance for vehicles that they produce with materials that they produced etc. they will pay LARGE amounts of taxes and will NOT have luxeries such as big screen tvs, hot tubs, etc. this will stop the drain on the american taxpayers money, and will make use of the prisoners, instead of them all just rotting in jail cells. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:45 pm
Skibblez
i have a crazu unheard-of idea... at our current state, prisoner are a constant, unproductive drain and our tax dollars. needless to say we can't leave them on the streets, but here's my proposal. set aside a small state- under heavy military guard, and ship all the prisoners to that state, and of course all non-prisoners out of it. and in that state have different cities set aside for different types of criminals- rapist cities, pothead cities, murderer cities, thus to protect say a guy that accidentally hit a little girl on a bike from big bubba. and in those cities they will have there own jobs and economies, they will have to grow there own food, take care of their own maintenance for vehicles that they produce with materials that they produced etc. they will pay LARGE amounts of taxes and will NOT have luxeries such as big screen tvs, hot tubs, etc. this will stop the drain on the american taxpayers money, and will make use of the prisoners, instead of them all just rotting in jail cells. smile

dude that is a highly problematic thing there because these people are dangerous and lets say this is 50 square miles they will escape in no time we cant keep Mexicans on there side of the border what makes you think that bubba is not going to attempt to get out we have vary large reinforced buildings so they don't escape into the public and some still manage in low sec prisons and if you put 100 crips and 100 bloods in one large cage there's going to be so many weapons and improvised lethal objects you have to remember these people are murderers and they don't stop just cuss they got caught I don't see that entire ideal working but well I'm sure some things from it can be taken I think we can have them run farms that feed there prisons and I think we can give them in prison jobs and have no luxuries for them that they don't buy IDK i think we just need to increase penalties for crimes so people actually think or they just simply don't get out
this is a modern society and there's going to be people that we don't want in it so we have to pay that prise  

goodshot911SNK

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces