Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Sarah palin 2012 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:44 am
goodshot911SNK
I didn't car for mitt Romney

Congratulations.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 pm
So apparently the new book "Game Change" reveals that Sarah Palin didn't know why there are two Koreas.

Anyone still want her as President?  

DanskiWolf

synonymous logic

Chatty Flatterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 pm
@Danski, you have a point. Then again, as long as obama isn't reelected i'm alright with it, so far his health car eplan is going nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:04 pm
His healthcare plan sucks, no doubt about it.  

DanskiWolf

Pumona

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 pm
DanskiWolf
So apparently the new book "Game Change" reveals that Sarah Palin didn't know why there are two Koreas.

Anyone still want her as President?

The book Game Change was written by two political reporters, one that is a columnist for New York magazine and the other one is a senior political analyst for Time magazine.

According to New York Times they said "Though this book focuses on personal matters, not policy concerns, and though some of what will be its most talked about passages fall into the realm of gossip and reflect the views of chatty and, in some cases, bitter, regretful or spin-conscious aides, the volume does leave the reader with a vivid, visceral sense of the campaign and a keen understanding of the paradoxes and contingencies of history".

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/11/books/11book.html

So in other words just because the comment you made might be in the book does not mean it is true.
And yes I would still vote for her.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:49 pm
Lord Bitememan
Ruyashie
Lord Bitememan
DanskiWolf
vfmacfan
I, personally, would be quite pleased to see Palin run for president in 2012. McCain was a Republican In Name Only;

And attitudes like that will ensure the GOP becomes a fringe group for extermists. By your standards I'm sure Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt would have been communists.

Quote:

Palin, on the other hand, is a true conservative.

A completely meaningless phrase.

Exactly why I created a thread about Barry Goldwater, Danski. Barry Goldwater wouldn't pass the "true conservative" test today, and would be labeled a RINO, even though he was the FOUNDER of modern conservatism. Barry Goldwater reviled the involvement of religion in politics. He routinely defended gay rights and was an ardent proponent of abortion access. If Goldwater ran in the Republican primary today he would lose the midwest for his pro-abortion and pro-gay rights views, he would lose the south due to his non-Christian heritage and views on separation of church and state, and would probably only carry the northeast and rural west on account of his comparatively moderate views and firm libertarian stance.

That really says something about modern "true conservatives," that the founder of the movement would be too liberal for their tastes today. It's an oft spoken refrain from the far right that the modern GOP's ills stem from the party getting "too moderate." But anyone who has even a mildly objective eye can see that the party has lurched SO FAR to the right that it's not even in step with what qualified as conservatism 30 years ago. It's such a joke that people hold Reagan up as a paragon of conservatism given the standards held to today's politicians. Reagan 3 very specific conservative goals that he pursued, and beyond that either gave lip-service to what is called conservatism, or did the exact opposite. Reagan never made firm overtures to overturn Roe v. Wade. Reagan ran a deficit every year he was president, and for the time, huge ones. Reagan signed an amnesty for illegal immigrants into law. Reagan increased funding for the NEA (the same group that held the Mapplethorpe exhibitions). The only reason that Reagan is touted as a "conservative" is that he gave tons of lip service to issues near and dear to all conservative factions, did remarkably little for some of those factions, and walked away popular doing it.

So, you're right on Danski. Anyone even mildly within the mainstream today would be called a RINO. Actually, most of the conservatives who brought conservatism to prominence in the US would have been labeled RINOs by today's standards, and the "true conservatives" of the world either don't really exist or are so far outside the mainstream that they could never hope to muster a national majority.

Quote:
he would lose the south due to his non-Christian heritage and views on separation of church and state,
He'd probaly lose us(south) on the gay rights since the majority of christians are against homosexuality.

And where did Mitt Romney fail to win primaries? Oh right, the Mormon didn't win them in the religiously intolerant south.

I wouldn't trust a mormon.  

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:36 am
I don't think she has a prayer. The Leftist Media ran her down so much, her public reputation is dust. Do I think she would make a great candidate? Eh...maybe. I am a confirmed Christian, so don't take what I am about to say the wrong way, but Palin is too religious to be an effective President. Remember the idea of Separation of Church and State clause. She is too decisive based on religious views, and when you are dealing with things like the Middle East...bringing religion to parlay is highly unwise. They do not think rationally over there, and diplomacy is shaky with Jews and Christians. I think give it a few cycles and she could wise up a bit on the religious doctrine. Also give my recommendation for candidate a few cycles and he could be a really fine President: Paul Ryan. Amazing Congressman, and a rising star in the Republican Party. But the best choice I see for now would have to be...Romney, and that isn't saying much. We got 3 more years of Hell, so who knows...Obama might totally hairball himself to the point where pretty much any Republican can win.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:56 pm
I would vote for her over most others, hands down. I almost wish she had been the candidate in 2008 rather than McCain.  

Elf4God

Invisible Hunter

COMANDER COON

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:56 pm
well you know shes very smart and has solutions and experience so shes got my vote and it would piss off hillary Clinton cuss she wouldnt be the first woman pres

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:57 pm
Lord Bitememan
goodshot911SNK
I didn't car for mitt Romney

Congratulations.

was that sarcastic

cuss I spelt care wrong  

COMANDER COON

HeadshotHighway

5,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:37 am
I would be so happy if Sarah Palin became president in 2012! I think she is smart, clever and would be a very good public relations official. Not to mention she would be the first female president! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:38 am
lolita_nintendo
@Danski, you have a point. Then again, as long as obama isn't reelected i'm alright with it, so far his health car eplan is going nowhere.

totally  

HeadshotHighway

5,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100

COMANDER COON

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:17 am
OH SOOO!! TOLTOLY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:20 am
ConnieNeon
lolita_nintendo

totally

His healthcare plan hasn't even started yet... and it won't til 2013(?) stare  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff