Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Metroid Prime Trilogy easter egg/glitch?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Destheren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:03 pm
Well in mp1 in the crashed frigate, if you go into the room that has the broken elevator (the one with the missile extension in it that you need a super missile to obtain) and you go to the top, a dead space pirate falls out of the ceiling. I jumped up out of the water, and when I was turning, my targeting reticle changed red. I looked back and found that the reticle would change red on a certain area of the wall where there was a pipe. I decided to shoot it with a missile, and the dead pirate freaked out and started flailing everywhere, and would do that every time I shot the area of the wall with a missile.

I thought that was pretty entertaining and worth sharing.

note: the dead pirate only appears the first time you enter the room. I might capture a video of it soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 pm
Strange. The original version of Prime didn't have a reticle to turn red, so I wonder if this was present in that game but harder to spot. If you get that video up showing where the hot spot is, I might try doing a run of Prime on the GameCube to see if I can duplicate it there.  

GuruGuru214

Destheren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:19 pm
GuruGuru214
Strange. The original version of Prime didn't have a reticle to turn red, so I wonder if this was present in that game but harder to spot. If you get that video up showing where the hot spot is, I might try doing a run of Prime on the GameCube to see if I can duplicate it there.
that'd be cool. But keep in mind that some things were changed in the Trilogy, but only things that I've noticed in prime 3 so far.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:34 am
Destheren
GuruGuru214
that'd be cool. But keep in mind that some things were changed in the Trilogy, but only things that I've noticed in prime 3 so far.

Right, well that's sort of the point of it, to see if it's new or if it's something old that was overlooked. So far the only differences I've noticed are the Meta-Ridley fight, the Ice Beam not freezing up when you charge it, the PAL version of the logbook being used (and the addition of different sized missile ammo) in Prime, a few lore entry locations being swapped around in Echoes, and the omission of "Damn!" in Corruption. I've only played Corruption up to getting the PED suit so far, though.

Oh, and a few enemies were in places I didn't expect them to be in Prime. I'd never encountered Hunter Metroids in Phendrana Drifts (though I'd read in walkthroughs that they were supposed to be there), and I'd never seen Fission Metroids outside the Impact Crater, yet there were tons of them in the Phazon Mines.  

GuruGuru214

Destheren

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 am
GuruGuru214
Destheren
GuruGuru214

Right, well that's sort of the point of it, to see if it's new or if it's something old that was overlooked. So far the only differences I've noticed are the Meta-Ridley fight, the Ice Beam not freezing up when you charge it, the PAL version of the logbook being used (and the addition of different sized missile ammo) in Prime, a few lore entry locations being swapped around in Echoes, and the omission of "Damn!" in Corruption. I've only played Corruption up to getting the PED suit so far, though.

Oh, and a few enemies were in places I didn't expect them to be in Prime. I'd never encountered Hunter Metroids in Phendrana Drifts (though I'd read in walkthroughs that they were supposed to be there), and I'd never seen Fission Metroids outside the Impact Crater, yet there were tons of them in the Phazon Mines.

Everything you mentioned there I noticed; I was really surprised by meta ridleys new moves, except for the hunter metroids in Phendrana. But then again it's been so long since I've played mp1 before this that I barely remember it. And also in Prime 3 when ridley flies over you and the PED trooper the trooper yells "What the heck?!" instead of "What the Hell?!"  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games