Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Mix Crystal Chronicles and Tower Defense and you get...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 pm
Cult, I am dissapoint.

I know I've said that before and you guys have groaned and bitched, but seriously. This one IS a good game.

I had to hear about this via the Wii shop channel. Not the Cult. Not anywhere else but a blind trip to the Wii Shop channel.

This Wiiware title will set you back 1000 points, plus if you decide to add on more-than-likely game breaking DLC, which total is probably 3k or so.

This game you have the honor of seeing me type about is...

User Image

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A Darklord (Also known as HEY CC, MY LAD)

Contrary to the acronym, you're actually playing as a girl. Princess Mira, to be exact. Heir to the Darklord crown. Your father was a benevolent person to monster-kind. In order to stop people from attacking the monsters in his Tower, he fused with a crystal, and peace was had.

Until Mira came to the throne, and was fed up with her monsters being attacked, declares war on humankind, and goes town to town, killing 'em all!

And...that's the premise of the game.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!

You are that cute little girl. What Squeenix loves about pre-pubescent kids lately I have no clue.

Anyway, in this game, the object is to prevent any and all adventurers from entering your tower and ascending to the very top floor. You will run the gamut of Black Mages, Thieves, Fighters, etc, in your conquest of the world.

You build floors that prove to be a major obstacle for your adversaries on their way to the top. Very limited at first, but it gets better.

CACTAUR TO THE RESCUE!

Obviously different rooms and monsters do different things. For example, the above room cuts the damage your monsters take. The drawback is that you can only place two monsters in this room as opposed to the normal three. So it makes sense to put strong monsters.

So why is this game so darling to me?

It's because of what can possibly happen. Imagine you're playing MLAAK, sending people to attack, oh I dunno, someone playing MLAAD.

Is that some decent multiplayer in a Final Fantasy related game? I think so!

I can dream, cant I? crying

Clearly this game is limited without some DLC, and it delivers! Hell, there's even an entirely new adventure for after you beat the game (It's DLC). Other DLC includes new monsters (Featuring Kain and Palom of FFIV fame, among other memorable monsters), new quests, items, and even outfits. One of which is Parom's robes! They all have a purpose, and arent just little cosmetic changes, either. For example, wearing an outfit may give you more points to build with, or allow you to cast a spell.

Overall, I like this game. Think Tower Defense, but only with one tower, and everyone's trying to get to the top of your tower instead of destroy it.

Game's getting a 7. It'll get a 10 if they combine MLAAK and MLAAD.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:49 pm
I'm pretty sure I mentioned many times about this game.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 pm
Regulust
I'm pretty sure I mentioned many times about this game.

I SAW NOTHING scream  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 pm
i want!  

Raptorphobia

Montiqueue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:27 pm
Cactaur=insta win. :D

You gotta love the cactaur.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 pm
Totagomi
Cactaur=insta win. :D

You gotta love the cactaur.