Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Paperback or hardcover? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiat Lux Aeterna

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:12 pm
I agree with you on that, Befrant, but I prefer paperbacks, because I always feel scared that I'm gonna mess up the flyleaf crying of hardcovers, and I don't want to take it off because I might loose it. Besides, I take good enough care of my books that it doesn't matter how they're bound - they are safe ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:16 pm
I guess you're right with that Aeterna.

I'm sorry my books. I can't take good care of you much. crying
I feel ashame.  

Reglare Excile

Friendly Warlord

cairo107

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 pm
Paperbacks, because of the price difference. As well as they're considerably more comfortable to read in bed. Unless the hardcovers are on sale. Additionally, hardcovers are easy to take care of.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:08 am
I shudder to consider what the rising price of books will suggest to those who might read, but do not yet. Reading should never become something reserved for the wealthy or elite, otherwise the world shall once again have the equivalent of listening to sermons in Latin, while being largely uneducated.

The Kindle offers an alternative to paperback/hardcovers. Each file is the same price as a paperback, and anything in the public domain is free (visit the sticky of useful links). On a similar note, ebooks are as safe as one's computer is. Be certain to break for a few minutes every hour, and stare at something 8 or more metres distant, however.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas