Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Does anyone know what classes I have to take?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sumomo4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:44 pm
I'd like to know what classes you took in order to do graphic design.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 pm
At a college, you'd be an art major so you'd have to take their art core classes (At least thats how it is at my school) then classes specific to graphic design.
Like Graphic Design I, II etc.  

Tanibelle

hello hoshi

6,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:55 pm
Really, it all depends on what kind of college or university you're going to attend.
Some colleges don't offer all that would be optimum to take for going into a graphic design field, and some offer more than necessary.
But you want to take a intro to computer mediation class, because it's usually a pre-requisite. Whatever graphic design classes that are offered.
Like typography, layout design, photo editing, print production, web design, and the advanced classes of all of the above.
Whatever core classes the university requires for you to graduate, and then whatever elective you'd like to take.
Usually classes like drawing and photography go good with graphic design, that ore take a few marketing classes.

I hope this at least gives you a little big of an idea? :]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:04 am
At some universities it will be listed under Art and Visual Communications or just Visual Communications. As a last resort you can always major in Advertising with a focus in Copywrite.

!!!!!ALSO!!!! This is pretty important if you take the art route of this, you will need a BFA (not a BA or a BS) in your degree if you want to be competitive.  

ClearlyPixelated

Le Pierre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 pm
You should be taking something like this...

Black & White Image Studio

Color Image Studio

Form Studio

Typography I - II

Advertising Design

Package Design

Logo Design

Drawing I

Langage & Symbols

Semeiotic (or something similar to significance of symbols etc)

Campaign Design

Research

Globalism & Cultural Identity (or something similar)

PhotoShop

Illustrator

Flash

InDesign

and more stuff similar.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 am
It will depend a lot on the school. It will fall under art, so you will have some of the core art classes. basic design class, drawing 1 and 2, painting 1.

Then when you get into the more specific stuff- photography 1 maybe 2, graphic design 1 and 2, typography.  

dolphinologist

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff