Reply The Anime Art Academy
RPG character

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K33n

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:19 pm
Like it said, its one of the main characters from the rpg I draw for. I wasn't given the name for the character either, just his description. This is his first costume choice, I have no doubt it will be changed several times before the final.

I'd like your comments and Crits. Thanks heart
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:46 pm
I love the charicter desighn and the way you did the face, but the arm behind his head dosen't relly look like it connects with the gatuar. And the arm to his side could be a bit out in a fist with the fist just bending inward a bit showing that the gatuar has weight. And the calvs could be more tight also showing weight. If I had a scanner I would be able to show what I mean more clear. sweatdrop I could try to show you on paint if you don't qite understand?  

Bloodied Chains

hacker preventer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:55 pm
what ^ said... btw... its guitar.. XD I love the guitar btw... X3 he reminds me of a tidus/riku look... (FFX and Kingdom Hearts) did you use them for refrence?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:48 pm
No I didn't use any references, but i sort of see what you mean.

I'll fix up that stuff and send it back in a few.  

K33n

K33n

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:03 pm
Bump for edit.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:16 pm
all i wanted to say is that you draw the shoes! like actual shoes..with laces and everything xd way to go 3nodding  

Aruri_Kasutsuro

Bloodied Chains

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:33 pm
Looks better! Nice job. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:04 pm
Thanks!

yeah, and those shoes were a hassle. Still not exactly right, but yaaah.  

K33n

Salsa Mime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:00 pm
Nice drawing; I like the face and the scruffy rendering of the hair, it adds personality. Very well done.

The biggest problem with this drawing is that the perspective is inconsistent. You need to choose a horizon line and stick with it. For example; The collar is being viewed from slightly above, and the bracelet on his arm is being viewed from lightly underneath, then the hem of his shirt/top of his pants is being veiwed from above, then the bottom of his pants are being veiwed from below, then his shoes are being veiwed from above. Fix the perspective and it'll really help this great picture pop from it's page and give it some weight.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:12 pm
I honestly have no idea how to fix it. >.<  

K33n

Salsa Mime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:37 pm
Heres an example of what I mean:

User Image

The red lines represent how you should correct the perspective (not where the exact place where you should put the line). The point-of-view is now in one spot. Understand now?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:08 pm
yeah i got it now!

Thanks a bunch Mairi.  

K33n

Salsa Mime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:38 pm
No problem! I'm glad to help.  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers