Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
This is utter BS.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:55 pm
Okay, so on the bus, me and my BFF(Lets call her VIVI) were talking about random crap. We stopped talking and I heard one of my friends (Lets call her LEE) finishing a conversation about a camp to another friend of mine.

Me and Vivi said, "What camp?"
Lee said, "Ok this is a long story."
I said, "We have a 30 minute bus ride, shoot"
"Ok, if you go on a Christian website,"-Lee is a hardcooorrre Christian-"there is this thing (tracking cookie) that these people send you on your computer. They look to see if you are on Christian websites. They go to your house and take you from your house and they steal you away to a camp. This camp has coffins and electric fences. They shock you and put you in coffins and torture you. These people only do this to Christians."
I say, "Lee, that sounds like utter bullcrap."(Yes, I said bullCRAP.)
Vivi agreed, but other friends that were in our conversation were scared shitless.
Lee said,"Anna (me), this is TRUE the rapture is coming!1111!1!!!!!"
I asked about 10 times where she heard this, but she wouldn't answer.
Me and Vivi shrugged it off and started talking about boy crushes

Tell me what you think off this story. I'm bored and want feedback.

I doubt you guys care, but me and Lee aren't really friends. She's being stubborn about things I don't wanna type right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:45 pm
That's interesting. I too would like to know where she got that idea. Also, I would like to know where this camp is.  

Arios V

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:28 pm
That probably scares me more than it scares her. If there are actually people who believe stuff like that, imagine the danger atheists could be in if somebody decided to "protect" people against this "threat".  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:00 am
That sounds like an urban legend to me. First of all... if it were true, wouldn't we hear about it on the news, since it's apparently common knowledge if some random girl from some random school knows about it. Second, I think that the likelihood of tagging someone with a keystroke malware, finding someone who uses Christian site, AND types their address at some point while their computer is infected is pretty small. Where would these people be based out of, anyway? The likelihood gets even smaller if you have to narrow it down to a single country or even a single state. Finally, they would have to cast a very wide net to catch someone who fits the above criteria; how would they accomplish that? Better question: How would they accomplish that, not only without being caught, but without being noticed? Again, we would hear about it on the news.  

alteregoivy

GOATS DONT FLOAT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:22 pm
Aaaah, those Christian and their cute little conspiracy theories... what will they think of next? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:33 pm
BREATHING IS BAD. GOD DOESN'T WANT YOU TO BREATHE, DON'T DO IT gonk

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 pm
Two words...
Religious Propaganda.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:57 pm
[-Erik-]
BREATHING IS BAD. GOD DOESN'T WANT YOU TO BREATHE, DON'T DO IT gonk

* Holds breath * mad ...................

My lungs pray for air!!!! D:

Besides your funny quote, do you all remember a game called Resident Evil 4?
What if Christians started acting like the priests in that game?
Thinking that parasites were made so God could control them so they couldn't sin?

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items