Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
A Beginner's RP (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 am
Ah, yea I've noticed that >> No I just didnt understand how I was being too powerful or...almost being too powerful. I just did it as a fast reaction to the situation which is what my character would've done, but apparently I didnt think it out enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:15 pm
I didn't think transmuting a cave was too much.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm
Alrighty, if you don't think it was too much, then I'm cool with that. cool

Sorry...I don't mean to undo what you described, Pride. At the moment, I was a little more upset that everything moved so fast, my character was taken along without me getting to do some stuff I wanted Veera to do (Not a huge deal though), and that time passed so quickly when going to the middle of the island, that it sounded like it was a tiny island. I totally didn't mean to discredit your character's cave location or powers. sad In my personal opinion, transmuting something huge like a cave (even if it only fits us) would be in the Big Power category, just because of the magnitude of what is being changed. Then again, I caught myself accidentally describing a flashback to Aydrien that was pretty Big Powery too, and then implying that I could do WAY more. When I'm in a hurry and writing...bad things happen. Hahaha.

Anyway, I like your character, Angelique, and you're not too bad yourself. wink Hahahaha... Oh, and btw, the matching the sand happened after Veera rubbed it all over the cave to disguise it. It'll be washed away with this rain, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:59 am
I don't personally believe in someone overusing their powers unless it is to god mod to avoid something unpleasant happening to the character like death. While some people like to keep some realism (a single earth manipulator probably can't move a mountain), it is an rp with imaginary people and ideas, so we shouldn't limit ourselves to what we think is realistic all the time.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:28 am
I am sorry for draging your and the other characters over and making things move too fast, not thinking about what you would've want to do. Since their was plenty to do still, and also still having other characters coming in. I didnt want it to feel like it was a small island either. sweatdrop Everyone's characters are interesting here, and we still get to know more back history on them as the story keeps going. And see each other grow during this process.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:57 pm
This place is meant for learning. You now know you shouldn't tug other characters around lol. No need to be sorry smile  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Killmes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:03 pm
Er.. hi, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 pm
=3 it is nice to meet you too Killmes, Welcome aboard!

@Novama: >> just because I should know better doesnt mean anything XD I dont think and act before hand lol. I hope things go better for you! ^^  

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:25 pm
Whew, haven't posted here in forever. Hey, do you guys think our RPers would come here to read lessons? I'm going to do little critiques (NOT criticism) on their writing as they progress through the RP, but I don't want to disturb the action right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm
Hmmm, Its hard to say. Not everyone comes here to check on things unless we would post it in the other Rp? For them to check here? Sometimes we dont really check on what we write when we post. I know i dont because its hard for me to have to go back and edit i just want to post and be done XD eh im lazy lol. And if you take too long then gaia kicks us out >> or at least me...college standards comes in handy when i want to write, but then i want it to be perfect..  

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Killmes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm
That's the good idea. My grammars needs a LOT improvement, and I feel like my vocabularies are very limited. With some critiques, I can know what should I change to improve my writing.
I check OOC forum from time to time, by the way. But it'll be once a day if you do the critiques.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:25 am
Just letting everyone know that i will not be on for the next couple of days because I am flying to California to see my family there =3 I will be back to post when im done settling in XD  

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Killmes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:28 pm
Sorry guys, I'm currently on the vacation. Will be back on Tuesday or so. Feel free to do anything with my char. XD  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff