Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
"It's so easy when you're evil..."

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alteregoivy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:33 am
Anyone ever heard the song, "When You're Evil" by Voltaire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPM&feature=related

It sort of got me thinking... Maybe one of the reasons theists tend to regard atheists as immoral, evil, or Satan worshipers is partially because we don't feel at all bad about joking about those things. For the most part, I think as a group we treat evil and the concept of Satan quite flippantly. Not that we would follow that path; it's just that it's so ludicrous, I have to laugh.

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 am
Probably. Just the other night, I put my hands together while my computer was on the verge of crashing and offered 'my dark lord' eternal blow jobs and free pie if he kept the computer from crashing.

It crashed.

Xiporah

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:21 pm
I have to disagree; I am absolutely intolerant of evil. It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist.

Yes, I do treat Satan and the occult quite flippantly, but those things aren't "evil" in themselves, because they're just as false as anything else spiritual.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm
Xiporah
Probably. Just the other night, I put my hands together while my computer was on the verge of crashing and offered 'my dark lord' eternal blow jobs and free pie if he kept the computer from crashing.

It crashed.
yeah sorry about that, but hey next time your comps about to crash , yell for me. that is if eternal blow jobs is still on the table...  

Vorn Frost

Xiporah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 am
Vorn Frost
Xiporah

It crashed.
yeah sorry about that, but hey next time your comps about to crash , yell for me. that is if eternal blow jobs is still on the table...
And pie. Soul Pie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:31 am
If you're going to talk about a Voltaire song then make it "God Thinks". It should really be the anthem for this guild.  

Ayumila

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 pm
Well I treat the spiritual side of evil flippantly, but actual evil such as bullying, fighting, etc. I do not tolerate at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:01 am
Mrithyu
Well I treat the spiritual side of evil flippantly, but actual evil such as bullying, fighting, etc. I do not tolerate at all.

Yeah, that's the way I feel about it, too. It's kind of like... I can joke about things only if I know that I will never do them and no one I know will be a victim of them.  

alteregoivy

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:12 am
User Image

This song is pretty goddamn awesome.

I have to agree, nowadays I don't have anything to say about Satan or his "evilness" and sometimes I even just laugh it off. But I'm very specific as to what "evilness" really means. I mean, nightmares and demons and ghosts kind of evil? I laugh. But world war massacre genocide, little kids holding AK-47's, bigots stifling freedom kind of evil? I'll be MAD.

After all, monsters and ghosts aren't scary; humans are.

User Image

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff