Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Game Informer's top 200 Games of All Time(List done, post) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Lady Psycho Sexy
Trenn Flashkill
Lady Psycho Sexy
Seriously, can someone explain to me what Ms Pac-Man did that the original didn't, besides add a bow? There's gotta be something that merits 50 spots' difference.

Multiplayer maybe?

But who the hell plays multiplayer Pac-Man?
What do you mean? Ms Pacman had much better level design... nah srsly I don't have a clue. I'm just happy for my FF Tactics.
INORITE

And the character development? ******** superb.

I'm glad they decided to develop an entirely new engine for the sequel. The mocap animation and facial acting was brilliant. Emotionally intense throughout.
Agreed 100%. Level 254? I QQ'd hard. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:18 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Trenn Flashkill
Lady Psycho Sexy
Trenn Flashkill
Lady Psycho Sexy
Seriously, can someone explain to me what Ms Pac-Man did that the original didn't, besides add a bow? There's gotta be something that merits 50 spots' difference.

Multiplayer maybe?

What do you mean? Ms Pacman had much better level design... nah srsly I don't have a clue. I'm just happy for my FF Tactics.
INORITE

I'm glad they decided to develop an entirely new engine for the sequel. The mocap animation and facial acting was brilliant. Emotionally intense throughout.
I think its the fact that you give her a quarter and she will gobble as many balls as possible till she dies.

SERIOUS POST: this list doesn't appear to be a list of games in order of how good they but rather how well known they are amongst gamers  

teh_n00b_huntr

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:29 pm
I don't think so, Huntr. Then again, people know games based on how good they are. Also SMB and LoZ, in my opinion, may be classic games, but don't deserve top spots, considering what we can do in games these days (Mass Effect, Bioshock, Half-Life 2)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:40 pm
The Betman
I don't think so, Huntr. Then again, people know games based on how good they are. Also SMB and LoZ, in my opinion, may be classic games, but don't deserve top spots, considering what we can do in games these days (Mass Effect, Bioshock, Half-Life 2)
LoZ being number 1 is lame and gay.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:45 pm
Was mine not a real post?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 pm
[Kegan]
Was mine not a real post?
Oh hi, I didn't see you there.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Delta Machine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:00 pm
Quote:
1) Legend of Zelda

There are better ones out there.

Quote:
15) Final Fantasy VII

Are you kidding me?

Quote:
50) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:15 pm
I'm just happy that Alpha Centauri is on there.  

Allegro

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:31 pm
teh_n00b_huntr
Lady Psycho Sexy
Trenn Flashkill
Lady Psycho Sexy
Trenn Flashkill
Lady Psycho Sexy

Multiplayer maybe?

INORITE

I think its the fact that you give her a quarter and she will gobble as many balls as possible till she dies.
rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:45 pm
Okami should have been higher on the List. That Game was pure Epic win.  

Topaz4293

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:18 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
xd

What exactly makes Ms Pac-Man better than Pac-Man?

If it's the sex appeal, I don't know how many people are attracted to a wheel of cheese, bow or not..

Also, rage@FF7 being higher than CT. ******** that s**t.

Actually found this out on the History Channel.
Pacman is less desirable because the ghosts have preset routes.
there was something else, too.
I think fruit locations?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:39 am
Differences in Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man:

Wiki
* The game has four different mazes that appear in different sets of colors. Most of the new mazes have two sets of warp tunnels. Unlike the original Pac-Man, the spaces in between the walls are filled in, making it easier to tell where the path is.

* The ghosts' behavior patterns are different and include semi-random movement, precluding the use of pre-set patterns to beat each level.

* Instead of appearing in the center of the maze, fruits bounce around the maze, entering and leaving through the warp tunnels. Once all fruits have been encountered, they appear in random sequence rather than the last fruit repeating.

* The orange ghost's name is Sue instead of Clyde.

* The three intermissions have changed to follow the developing relationship between Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man (from when they first meet to having a stork drop off their baby).

Any top 200 list is obviously going to have games people wouldn't want to see on it. It's weird to see so many NES games on the list because a lot of them aren't as good or were remade to be a lot better, but I guess their importance in their time and the nostalgia factor played a large role for the pickers.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas