Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The reward of Heaven VS The punishment of Hell Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:44 pm
brainnsoup
Labyrinthknight7
Why are you guys arguing over something that doesn't even exist? It's like arguing that coke is better than pepsi (it is wink ).
XD Look around. The entire thread is about a hypothetical situation!

I know but the way you guys are arguing is almost like you ARE christians in sunday school. It freaks me out.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:38 pm
Labyrinthknight7
brainnsoup
Labyrinthknight7
Why are you guys arguing over something that doesn't even exist? It's like arguing that coke is better than pepsi (it is wink ).

I know but the way you guys are arguing is almost like you ARE christians in sunday school. It freaks me out.
): What happened to the spirit of debate in this guild?

Anyway, it's because I think it's ridiculous when people say that they would tell God off if they had the chance.
It's like how at my high school last year, all of the students in the district were required to wear ID badges for security reasons.
And it makes sense. It was for our own safety. But the implementation was awful and the hall monitors used it as another excuse to treat us like criminals.
So in protest all of the students decided that at some set time during the day, everyone would drop their ID on the floor and stay still for a few minutes.
It was going to be so badass, man! XD
.......Guess how many people actually followed through?

That and, sorry for being so blunt, but I feel like this guild has turned from a place for thought and discussion to a haven for angstheists in a matter of a few months.

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:42 pm
brainnsoup
Labyrinthknight7
brainnsoup
Labyrinthknight7

Anyway, it's because I think it's ridiculous when people say that they would tell God off if they had the chance.
It's like how at my high school last year, all of the students in the district were required to wear ID badges for security reasons.
And it makes sense. It was for our own safety. But the implementation was awful and the hall monitors used it as another excuse to treat us like criminals.
So in protest all of the students decided that at some set time during the day, everyone would drop their ID on the floor and stay still for a few minutes.

That and, sorry for being so blunt, but I feel like this guild has turned from a place for thought and discussion to a haven for angstheists in a matter of a few months.

I'm not an "angstheist", I just think you're flaming a bit toward what people claim the would and wouldn't do, like you DEMAND proof for justifying what people want to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:33 pm
brainnsoup
Labyrinthknight7
brainnsoup
Labyrinthknight7

User ImageI agree with you. On both counts. I can't help but roll my eyes when I hear other atheists on their high horses talking about how they'd spit in God's eye if they were suddenly confronted by him and asked to explain themselves. I know I sure as ******** wouldn't be spitting in his eye, though I WOULD ask him why he didn't give me a clear sign of his presence when I asked for one years ago. ******** no, I wouldn't choose to go to Hell over Heaven if given the choice! Ideally, I would choose nonexistence after death over either place, but still. Eternal grief is not something I would willingly choose and anyone who claims otherwise is just kidding himself. XDUser Image

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Revolutionary Justice

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:24 pm
Hmm...either be happy for all eternity, never feeling bad again(Even though I believe that's impossible, you have to have sadness to know what it's like to be happy, or else being happy would just be normal. At that point happiness loses it's sense of what it is. But hey this concept of heaven and hell were never logical in the first place so this is just rambling.) or choose hell where you're sad and tortured(Following the same logic as before would this just become the norm and cease to be what it's actually supposed to be, torment and sadness become what's to be expected.)
Now it's a tough decision. I guess I'd rather go to Heaven if things kept getting better and better or else it would just get boring I suppose. Well at least in Heaven you would be able to find some joy before it ceased to be fun.

Damn it here I go going too in-depth as usual stressed .  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:26 pm
WTF?! What I just posted comes before what others have posted yesterday? burning_eyes  

Revolutionary Justice

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:29 pm
Revolutionary Justice
WTF?! What I just posted comes before what others have posted yesterday? burning_eyes
User ImageIt's a glitch. Posts are jumbled like this all over Gaia.User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:36 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
Revolutionary Justice
User ImageIt's a glitch. Posts are jumbled like this all over Gaia.User Image

Wow because this isn't confusing at all confused confused confused  

Revolutionary Justice

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash