Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
FOR ALL MEMBERS, WHETHER US CITIZENS OR NOT

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A day to give thanks for everything you have
  I am thankful for all of you and your friendship!
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:30 am
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

(DON'T EAT TOO MUCH!)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:45 am
i plan on overeating. i need to get all the turkey i can before my family starts getting their grubby little hands all over it XD in our family its everyone for themselves  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 am
Not a holiday I understand so close to Christmas! How many damned Turkey's do you need in a quarter?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 am
Thank you

but I'm Canadian so mine was in Oct

but meh it was nice anyways and I did not over eat. ^_^  

Tari Death Reaper D_W

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:32 pm
Pilotslover
Not a holiday I understand so close to Christmas! How many damned Turkey's do you need in a quarter?

you can never have enough turkey o.O  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:57 am
Shanna66
Pilotslover

It's gluttonous ...

And a waste, can you seriously tell me that you eat all that food? I just look at the stuff we have left over from Christmas and wonder if it's worth it.

I'll stick to Guy Fawkes night, thanks, then we just let of fireworks and light bonfires.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:06 pm
None of my European friends ever argued about the holiday. They rather liked a random reason to eat a fest. rofl Bonfire Day sounds fun too though. As long as you aren't crazy like my cousins when it comes to bonfires...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:50 pm
I'm not intending to argue, I just don't understand it.

It seems a rather ... wasteful holiday with Christmas being less then a month away. sweatdrop  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:33 am
Pilotslover
Shanna66
Pilotslover

It's gluttonous ...

And a waste, can you seriously tell me that you eat all that food? I just look at the stuff we have left over from Christmas and wonder if it's worth it.

I'll stick to Guy Fawkes night, thanks, then we just let of fireworks and light bonfires.

i can honetly tell you that we have never had any food go to waste. it all gets eaten, not all in one day, there are always leftovers, but we eat those the next day, nothing gets thrown in the trash  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 am
Pilotslover
Shanna66
Pilotslover

It's gluttonous ...

Leftovers, pets, and then the bones to the outside animals like raccoons. If it isn't eaten then it is at least allowed to decompose as it would naturally.

Thanksgiving is end of harvest feast, with roots in the history of the USA. A time for family without thinking of gifts. It currently holds more meaning than Christmas and has a more violent past. Besides, Christmas as a celebration of Jesus should be around Passover (his death) or March (his birth). Not only that but Christmas (and many other Christan holidays) have pagan traditions, and few of their own. Plus, Thanksgiving reminds us that we only get to live in the USA because of smallpox blankets, while Christmas only have the violent attachment of one mans' torture unless you consider all the wars that to some extent were caused by that man.

Not everyone celebrates either holiday. But in the USA you can't be faulted for assuming everyone around (AKA in the country) celebrates Thanksgiving.  

LillianSaire

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff