Welcome to Gaia! ::

RoseSoul Tribe

Back to Guilds

this guild will be a community of RPing, Debate/Discussion, Art/Litterature, Contests and Fellowship. 

Tags: roleplaying, fantasy, contests, music, occult 

Reply RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum
Same old crap again and again Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+1

View Results

Catharia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm
Father's are like that love, my own father despised my partner when we first started going out, and didn't want me when I was born (he wanted my twin brother, who was stillborn).

He'd make snide remarks, about my education, kids and the like. Even though he knew my education was important to me, that I wanted to be a vet, and needed very good grades, he'd give me long talks about the importance of a good career, and degree. My father never seemed to be impressed, I once got 99% on a test, and he asked me what I did wrong. I spent years trying to please him, but I didn't give up on my partner.

When he came to live here (NZ) from the UK, dad was still very...aggressive towards him, while my grandmother was trying to insinuate him into family life. It took dad a couple of years, but he and my partner have bonded now, and dad trusts him to look after me, and provide while I'm studying.
Plus 2 hours away for 5 weeks is nothing, it took Tim and I at least 24hrs of plane flight to be together for the first 3 years, and he could only manage it once a year. Then when he moved over, it was still a 6 hour car trip from his place to mine once a fortnight for a weekend. Besides, it'll make you appreciate the time you have together more, and phone calls are good ways to keep in touch.

I suppose what I'm saying is, give it time, once your dad realises he's not a fly-by-night operation, and that he's commited to making things work, he may change his stripes about it. My dad did, and he's always been described as 'scary' by my friends. I'm still not the perfect daughter, but I'm half-way to being a good son sweatdrop .

--woah, sorry...wall of text...just wanted you to know you're not alone **hugs**  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:38 am
My dad is considered scary by my friends too, lol--back when I still hung out with them anyway.

I know there are couples out there who endure a lot more time away from each other than me and my boyfriend do, but he and I are not the type of long distance relationship people--we're really physically touchy, and thrive off of physical contact when we're around each other. Even something as simple as his hand on my lap can make the difference between a great night and an alright night, if that makes sense. If we're in the car together, I have to reach my hand over occasionally and stroke his neck or hand (if he only has one hand on the wheel), even if it's only a 10 minute drive.

We are constantly talking online, on the phone, through text messages. We never go more than a few hours without talking to each other, or leaving each other messages some way or another. It's just extremely difficult for us to not be able to physically see each other.

I've spent a long time trying to impress my dad, and I'm honestly done with that. Whatever I'm doing now...none of it is to impress him--it's all for what I want, and if he's not impressed, I don't really care anymore. His sarcastic shock when I do things the right way has really gotten to me, and I've just given up on impressing him.

Suong Lee

kingcorrupted

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:17 pm
As bad as I feel for you, I am grateful you brought this up if only for the fact that I am learning a lot from reading, and how to approach somethings differently.

As for advice I am out, as Zach said, faith, I know that love has a great tendency to fix and shelter hearts and relationships from a great deal of pain. Some is just a little stronger and is still felt.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:28 pm
Well, I talked to my boyfriend about the angry birthday situation...and he said that he did mean it at the time that he said it, but he was angry at the time. So he said, "I said it out of anger and frustration, let's just leave it at that. Nothing bad came out of it. Unless you're mad at me." Of course I'm not mad at him--so I guess we're leaving it at, "He was angry."

Even better news, he's coming by tomorrow for a few hours to visit. biggrin My parents aren't obviously going to let me go see him...so I kind of told them I was going to work. redface Lying, I know, but I just want this day with him without stressing out over my parents being angry at me.

I'm hoping tomorrow's gonna go well. Gosh, I miss him.

Suong Lee

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:40 pm
whee so cute...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:21 pm
Today went so fabulously. whee We got in a little snuggle time, played mini golf (he said I did well for my first time ever playing^^), played in the arcade at the mall, got some ice cream, and just sat and chit chatted.

I don't see how my dad can see what's so wrong with being happy like that. confused

Suong Lee

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm
aww, darling, ignore your dad right now! ^.^ don't even think of his disaproval, just enjoy the day you had! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:25 pm
Awww ^_^ Cute. Wow, I am glad good things are goin for you  

kingcorrupted

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash