Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Character Ratings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:53 am
So, I thought. We have all these, "Favorite character" "Hated character", and all that. But what if we gave all the characters a number rating, from 1 to 10.
Rate all the characters you're familiar with and state why you gave that rating. I'll break it down game by game, but if you want to rate the overall character feel free.

RE1 (PS1):
Jill - 8.0 - Jill was awesome from the beginning. But I'm not crazy about her voice. Not the acting, just the voice quality itself doesn't do anything for me.
Chris - 8.0 - Again, nice, solid hero. Classic from the beginning, but nothing overwhelmingly impressive.
Barry - 9.0 - Barry was one of those likeable guys from the start. Jill Sandwich made him that much more awesome.
Rebecca - 7.0 - She wasn't a bad character, her voice wasn't even that annoying. She just wasn't impressive.
Wesker - 9.0 - When you kill off a bad guy after one game, and then three games later feel the need to bring him back... You know he's awesome.

RE1 (NGC):
Jill - 10.0 - I gotta say, there wasn't one wrong thing about her in the remake. Her model was awesome. Her voice was smexy. This was just... Jill as I've always wanted her to be.
Chris - 9.0 - Chris was awesome too. He had a lot more character in Remake. A lot more, "I gotta take care of this rookie. And help keep her spirits up, cause I'm the responsible one now."
Barry - 9.5 - Barry was just as awesome as in the original, but a bit more in terms of his depth. He wasn't just, "Oh, Jill! I'm not acting suspicious!" You could tell the worry in his voice.
Rebecca - 9.0 - This was my favorite Rebecca. Her voice was sweet, she was believable, and helpful.
Wesker - 9.0 - This Wesker was probably overall the best. I'd give him a 10, if this was the first RE to ever come out. But since it came AFTER Code Veronica, to NOT put Richard Waugh in it was a downgrade voice wise.
Richard - 9.0 - Since Richard was in this one a bit more, he deserves a rank. And why shouldn't he get a 9. That's 9 points of badass for sacrificing himself for the hero. A true comrade.

RE2:
Claire - 8.0 - Claire was pretty cool. And she'd probably be a 9.5, if it wasn't for her atrocious fashion sense. I hated her outfit.
Leon - 8.5 - Leon was pretty cool. He tried so hard to be the hero, but no one would pay attention to him. Which kinda made him an underdog. And I always root for the underdog.
Ada - 9.0 - Ada's the Femme Fatale of the story. She's difficult not to like.
Sherry - 6.0 - The worst part about sherry was that horrible uniform. Other than that, she actually wasn't too bad.
Ben - 8.5 - Ben's pretty cool. He's kind of a jerk, but even when near death, he's got an attitude, and that's admirable.
Irons - 4.0 - Nothing impressive. But that's just irons. I don't think he was meant to be likeable.
Anette - 7.0 - She's pretty cool. Kind of a b***h, but she's strong and borderline crazy, and that makes her okay.
HUNK - 10.0 - There's not much to him. So it's not like I could point out many flaws. And the mystery keeps his cool points up.

RE3:
Jill - 9.5 - This is probably the Jill that everyone knows best. She has more character than before, more outspoken. And while some people look down on her tube top and miniskirt. I prefer to look UP the miniskirt. ... Yeah, I went there.
Carlos - 7.5 - I didn't like him at first, would've given him, like a 4. But after examining his character, he actually goes through a lot of development, and that makes him well written at least. So he's redeemable.
Mikhail - 8.0 - He bitches too much about not being able to save his men. And even though it's justifiable, it's still a bit annoying. But he does have his badass moment at the end, and that makes him cool.
Nicholai - 8.5 - Just like Wesker in RE1. He's cold, calculating and merciless. Everything a cool villain should be. He loses half a point for having stereotypical Russian villain hair. He's 35! He's not supposed to be grey yet!

Code Veronica X:
Claire - 8.0 - Even though her fashion slightly improved since RE2, she still feels like just an 8. She's just a bit of a tool in CVX, I think. I was hoping that she'd have a little more sense than to fall for Steve in less than a day.
Steve - 3.0 - His voice is annoying. He's angsty. And if that wasn't enough, he gets disrtacted by, "Drool! Pretty girl!" and actually breaks a gas pipe! How incompetent can you be!? He dies though, so that earns him a point. Otherwise he'd get a 2.
Chris - 7.0 - Chris I found to be a lot less likable in CVX than in RE1/Remake. He's still okay, but he's a little too righteous.
Wesker - 8.5 - Wesker's actually not that cool, in his return. He's okay, but no longer the cold and calculating villain he was in RE1. He'd get a 7 at most. That extra 1.5 is for Richard Waugh providing the best Wesker voice ever.
Alfred - 9.0 - Normally, someone like him would get 3.0, and he did at first for me. But over time, you just grow to love that quirkiness about him.
Alexia - 6.0 - She started out as a 9, but her transforming kinda lamed her up a bit. If they kept her human looking, she could've stayed alive and served as Wesker's rival for future games.
Rodrigo - 8.0 - He's pretty cool. Nothing too special, but you do get the feeling of sympathy for the guy.

RE0:
Rebecca - 8.5 - Suddenly Rebecca gets an attitude and becomes Mizz Thang. While it did make her pretty cool and spunky, it's inconsistent and that's not what we loved her for in the first place.
Billy - 8.0 - Billy was pretty cool all around. He'd get a 9 if he lost that Sonic The Hedgehog haircut. But other than that, he was cool. A good, relatable character. And he's dressed like Rambo in the original First Blood!
Wesker - 10.0 - There should've been a lot more Wesker in this game. But what little there was, was all cool. STARS outfit plus Richard Waugh voice = Perfect Wesker.
Birkin - 9.0 - Birkin was cool too. Pretty much what I expected him to be.
Marcus - 2.0 - Terrible costume, terrible character, terrible ideas behind him. And even when he transformed, he was a pretty boring and forgettable boss design, I think.

RE4: (Hehehe)
Leon - 2.0 - Unrelatable character. Bad dialogue. Too much of a pretty boy. He gets 2 points for his outfit after he loses the jacket.
Ashley - 1.0 - Half a point for each boob. She has nothing else to offer.
Luis - 9.0 - Luis is the only character in the game who actually knows what game he's in: Devil May Cry. Everyone else is deluded enough to think it's Resident Evil.
Ada - 9.0 - Again, same with Ada. She's dressed for a fantasy epic. Not for Survival Horror. But since the game is fantasy epic anyway, she fits right in. If this was Resident Evil, she'd get a 3.
Krauser - 3.0 - Krauser is the opposite of Luis and Ada. He might be cool if he was in an actual Survival Horror, or at least an army shooter game. And heck, he might even have gotten a 7 if he didn't transform.
Wesker - 8.0 - Turning Wesker into a... Umm... Desker... Was a shitty decision. Wesker always struck me as the hands on type. 5.0 plus 3 points for Richard Waugh, doing twice as good of voice overs as in Code Veronica.
Everyone Else - 1.0 - What were they even thinking coming up with a group of such boring, forgettable and annoying characters?

Outbreak File 1 and 2:
Kevin - 8.0 - Kevin is an awesome character. But like Billy, in dire need of a haircut.
Mark - 9.0 - A black vietnam war veteran, surviving a zombie apocalypse. It doesn't get much more classic than that.
Cindy - 8.0 - I like Cindy. She's got nice t... Err... Wits. Seriously, she's a deep character, with a sweet voice and she isn't annoying. I just wish she would've went home and changed into something more casual before the Outbreak started.
Alyssa - 9.0 - Alyssa would be a 10 for me, but she loses a point for her ad-libbing in File 1. "No shet!" got annoying real quick. But she's strong willed, and a deep character, and she's got a cool outfit.
David - 8.0 - Again, cool guy, smart. Got a pretty cool voice, too. I'm just really not crazy about that yellow jump suit.
George - 8.0 - There's nothing really wrong with George. He's just not that memorable.
Yoko - 6.0 - Yoko's alright. But she's a cabbage head. At least Alice (in the movies) has a nice outfit on, and is pretty badass, despite losing her memory. Yoko is timid, quiet, and overall just the kind of character that could tell you exactly what's going on in the city, but if she did, no one would pay attention.
Jim - 5.0 - Jim is annoying, and overall somewhat useless. The only thing that escalates him from a 2 is that he's actually a pretty cool character inside, and it reflects in his endings.

I'm not gonna bother with NPCs, there's too many of them.

Now you list yours!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:56 am
I'll start small at first:

Resident Evil 3
Jill Valentine- (10) Jill's most memorial performance and also most memorial outfits.
Carlos Oliveira (7) Took me awhile to warm up to Carlos, but after taken up cheesy pick-up lines, he finally manned up.
Nicholai Ginovaef (8.5) Russians have the coolest accents, especially when there villain. Привет Джилл. Войдите в вертолет, теперь!
Mikhail Victor (9) Russian and courageous for saving the woman of the series.
Brad Vickers (7) Bigger role for Brad and took on more of his duties as STARS. Sorry to see him go.
Dario Rosso (5) Well I guess if you want to lock yourself up in a truck. Survival to its finest.
Murphy Seeker (7.5) Would of liked to see more of a back story on Murphy than Carlos to be honest. Only met the guy when he was half-dead.
Tyrell Patrick (2) Well there's always that one character who's more curious than the others.
Barry Burton (8.0) Barry's one cool dude and only appeared on a certain ending scenario. Good to see him nonetheless.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces