Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Main KISS Forum
I SAW KISS LAST NIGHT!! (12/1/09 was the concert) (spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to see/ already seen KISS on their Alive 35 tour??
  Hell yes!! I cant wait!
  Already saw them! KICK a**!!
  I'll be lucky if I get the tickets soon....
  Nah, I'm gonna cry in my room and listen to My Chemical Romancelike the p***y I am!
View Results

space-ace1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:10 pm
I saw KISS last night, here, in Glendale, Az!!!
It was an amazing night!!
THe setlist was pretty good.
They played only two songs from the new album.
It was all good, EXCEPT:
1. Tommy sang SHOCK ME! He cant do that! That's ace's song! HE has his own song on the new album anyway! Sing that one!!
2. Gene didnt play god of thunder, instead he played I love it loud.
I like I love it loud, but God of thunder fits with the blood.
3.Tommy played his (about 8 minutes) guitar solo. Now, I dont care if it was 10 minutes, I would have actually preferred that. BUT, he played his solo exactly like Ace and that's getting a little annoying. He is being payed to be an an exact copy of ace. I dont care if he wheres ace's make-up and costume, but have some individuality, MAN!!

Overall it was great. If the hottest band in the world is coming to your town soon, and you dont have tickets yet....Sell some belongings of your parents so that you can get the tickets! you wont regret it!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 pm
I am glad you had fun and I think what you said about Tommy is spot on.  

2000Man

Candy Coated Razor Blades

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:20 pm
the hottest band in the world already came to my closest city.
but since the radio didnt tell us the tickets were going on sale, we missed the chance.

ill tell you, i kicked myself in the a** for not being able to go.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:13 am
space-ace1
It was all good, EXCEPT:
1. Tommy sang SHOCK ME! He cant do that! That's ace's song! HE has his own song on the new album anyway! Sing that one!!
2. Gene didnt play god of thunder, instead he played I love it loud.
I like I love it loud, but God of thunder fits with the blood.
3.Tommy played his (about 8 minutes) guitar solo. Now, I dont care if it was 10 minutes, I would have actually preferred that. BUT, he played his solo exactly like Ace and that's getting a little annoying. He is being payed to be an an exact copy of ace. I dont care if he wheres ace's make-up and costume, but have some individuality, MAN!!

I saw them in Oakland, CA on November 22nd, and it's funny cause I had the same exact gripes about the show that you did. Except for Gene singing I love it loud, cause I love that song. I think I saw them once where Gene sang "War Machine" after doing the blood bit, which was cool also. Anyway, I wish they'd add maybe one or two more obscure songs to the set list to mix it up a bit. This wasn't one of the better Kiss shows that I've been at, but it was still pretty good overall.  

KissFreakShandi
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

Hell_Boltz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:49 pm
yeah. well now i saw them nov 17th (and facebook nov 25th) and i didnt mind tommy being ace because i grew up being an ace fan so i enjoyed it. now i loved it. it was cool seeing tommy doing the (spaceman routine) because that what people expect. now they did parasite for our show. and im glad they diid shock me also but, i kind wish they did when lightning strike for tommy. erics voice for black diamond is a perfect fit.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:00 pm
Saw them in Houston on the 5th. Pretty much the same show you're describing...
Did you get the show recording? I've been listening to mine again for the past few days.
And...speaking of Tommy. At our show, when doing the whole Shooting-rockets-out-his-guitar routine, he hit and knocked down one of the lights above the stage. It was hilarious!
As for the set list: Mostly older, more famous songs (opener was Deuce), with two thrown in there from the new album (Modern Day Delilah and Say Yeah). Only real shocker was Parasite, which was pulled out about half-way through the show. Wasn't expecting that one... sweatdrop
Got real close to Paul when he swung out onto his platform...so that was pretty cool.  

Sarah Ravencroft

Shameless Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

KissFreakShandi
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:35 pm
A light fell during the lightning part too at the show I went to. Maybe it was intentional? Also one of the stagehands tripped and fell after extinguishing Gene's fire sword. That was pretty funny too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 am
rock and roll alchemist
Saw them in Houston on the 5th. Pretty much the same show you're describing...
Did you get the show recording? I've been listening to mine again for the past few days.
And...speaking of Tommy. At our show, when doing the whole Shooting-rockets-out-his-guitar routine, he hit and knocked down one of the lights above the stage. It was hilarious!
As for the set list: Mostly older, more famous songs (opener was Deuce), with two thrown in there from the new album (Modern Day Delilah and Say Yeah). Only real shocker was Parasite, which was pulled out about half-way through the show. Wasn't expecting that one... sweatdrop
Got real close to Paul when he swung out onto his platform...so that was pretty cool.

well, ever since the tommy/ eric/ paul/ gene line-up, they have been playing parasite alot over the last couple of years. One song they seriously need to bring back is creatures of the night!  

space-ace1

space-ace1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:49 am
Actually, now that I think on it, almost everyone here who said they went to a concert, they said that during tommy's rocket trick, a light would fall off the upper part of the stage. I think its just the explosions. They loosen bolts and other mechanical s**t up. And after a while of fireworks and lots of pyrotechnics, somethings gonna fall.  
Main KISS Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games