Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Rantings of a Bewildered Mind :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:51 pm
The Rantings of a Bewildered Mind

Or a Child Seeking Mental Aid

Do you ever find yourself joining a role play because you like the idea for a book?

It seems to be that I can browse role plays for hours, reading their descriptions, judging the level of literacy they expect by their skeleton, loving a storyline, and dreading another. Sometimes a character will spring to life out of these circumstances in the role play, or the world surrounding it. It's both frustrating (I don't have the time to reply to multiple role plays) and inspiring. I'm a writer by heart--even if I can't be a perfect one--and these stories really make me regret taking on too many AP classes. When do I have time to write down all my ideas?! But...then I think about separating that new character from its original circumstances. Would it be the same?

What do you guys think of? Tell me all your funny little thoughts you think with an absent-minded head, or even the silly ones you think far more deeply of than you're willing to admit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:41 am
I normally have a strange, fast tracked mind that leads to the most random things ever. Though I sadly have a forgetful mind , so my new inventions and good creations can dissapear, but some seem to stick. I normally just have a fantasy world, and it's a tragic fantasy world mostly, because I find choas and terrible things funny when they happen to other people TwT. I don't think I have a full story right now, I have many half way ideas, but I'm still missing some peices.  

MindxHunter

Rapidity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:18 am
I'm not opposed to forgetting about characters. Sure, it's a shame when a good character just gathers dust and fades out of existence, but I think there's a little bit more to it than that. I think if it was a really good character, then you'll have learned something from them, if that's the case it's not so likely you'll forget them but I'm sure it happens, but what you've learned can go on to form a new character, having learned something that'll make the new character better than it would have been otherwise. So in that respect, I don't think a good roleplay character ever dies, but merely becomes unused.

I'm not so sure about a lot of settings. The very reason I found this thread is because I was looking for another thread that I read an hour or so ago, asking what people thought about a setting idea, and had just decided to go back and tell them about this. I think a lot of roleplay settings out there, for me personally anyway, lack much of an edge, between many of them there's not a lot of difference between them, it seems like there's only a finite number of ideas that get used, which tend to get recycled a lot; for an example you could consider the number of naruto roleplaying guilds out there on gaia alone, not threads, entire guilds based off the same idea. (I'm sure they have a few interesting ideas between them, and naruto roleplaying guilds were just an example, there are others.) Many settings are very different, I realise, but perhaps I just look at them in a different way, what might be completely different roleplays to one person will appear as almost identical to me.

I've been browsing the subforums for a while today, I just can't find anything that grabs me at the moment, and originally I thought it best to try out a couple of roleplays from other people here before I started my own threads, but rather than sit here and complain I may very well start my own thread. I'm not a writer at heart at all, and the reasons I roleplay could be considered closer to philosophy than writing, that's why I consider myself as a bit of an experimental roleplayer. Anyway, I hope that was insightful.  
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games