Submit

SheepKittyDerps

Vicious Sweetheart

9,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:22 pm
Okay, for those of us who haven't kept our heads in our own little world, what do you make of this foolishness? Its rather annoying when I hear my mother and her friends gabber at this subject for hours on end... when they are drunk no less. Of course, it is a serious subject to ponder.... however I think it is a load of steaming s**t. Pardon the colourful language. But as we have seen when the Y2K scare was being rumored, nothing happened. And with the 666 date (June 6, 2006) what happened then? NOTHING. Of course, for the Christians I commend them upon this: even their book it said "MAN SHALL NOT KNOW THE EXACT END OF DAYS. NOR EVEN DO I, FOR ONLY THE FATHER IN HEAVEN KNOWS THE EXACT HOUR, DAY, TIME IN WHICH IT SHALL ALL END." Quotith their deity, Jesus.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm
Well, recently the Mayans were asked about the 2012 issue, and -they- even said they didnt believe it. And honestly, the mayans never exactly said that it was their prediction for the end of the world either, it just stops there. They got attacked, didnt they? Did anyone think that maybe thats the date they had just finished before the attack, and thats why the calendar STOPS ON THAT DAY?!  

Michael Jetfire

SheepKittyDerps

Vicious Sweetheart

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:55 pm
Execllemt point! I did not know the details, however I do know I was told that the Mayans were disproven. Anyway, that further disproves the date will lead to the demise of our beloved planet.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 pm
You know, I think its christians who want it to happen, considering most of these dates were made -by- christians. Their book proclaims judgment day as the day jesus returns to the earth. Dont get me wrong, I'm a christian myself, but... to -want- the world to end is a bit odd, dont you think?  

Michael Jetfire

Iveno

5,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm
i'm a pagan  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Tis sad to say that again and unfailingly you are right my friend. As much as I love the fact that most Christians are peaceful and wish nothing but the best towards others, they are their own doomsayers. They look forward to the world ending. Tis sad. I'd rather have my chance at this life before I perish as so young as I am. *Sigh*  

SheepKittyDerps

Vicious Sweetheart

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

SheepKittyDerps

Vicious Sweetheart

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 pm
Yamato Ookami
i'm a pagan

'Tis nice to make greetings with a fellow pagan. Merry meet!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:24 am
well in my idea they always pick dates that r usually unariginal and relate to smething. example thay said it would end in 2000 the frst day because 2000 begins a new century. then they said june 6, 2006 (666) the devils #, which was supposedly a myth and isnt really his #. but then again there was a corrilation unpredicted that DID happen. november 11, 9/11, notice anything strnge about that #? 9-1-1 perhaps? the # for emergancy service? well im into supersticion, so dats my thoughts, lolz!  

Kairoo_Dragonfox

Wizerd745

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 pm
Though, in all truth, it is a possibility, I don't believe the world will end on that date. When it will, I have a fealling soon, but no one, except God, knows.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:35 pm
I find this whole 2012 thing to be tomfoolery, honestly.
There are just people who are trying to scare everyone in the world just to start a ruccus.
The reason for all of this 2012 stuff is because that is the last year of the Mayan callendar, that is it. But here is my nonsensical theory X3:
The guy who made the calanders was killed by his wife for eating the last of the tamales, and since they had not had a child, they were left heirless. So the Mayans decided it would be easier to reuse the old ones, rather than continue.
I know that is radical, and not to be true (that would funny if it was, huh?), but just about everything else on the internet is just as radical.  

Korel542

MemoriesThatKill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:16 pm
It all stems from the Mayan calender. 2012 is the year that their calender resets, like our Y2K. People misunderstood that and thought that because their calender ended, it meant the end of the world. On top of that people don't seem to understand things that don't work exactly like their methods(ie, "a reset in 2012 instead of 2000? That doesn't make any sense!") The Mayans had nothing at all that said "This is the end of the world". It's the usual people freaking out from mass ignorance once again. So you should tell that to your mom, lol.

I'm not sure where the Christians are freaking out. I'm pretty positive the bible says no such thing. And I know more about it than your average Christian. >.>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:32 pm
They are having a "marathon" on history channel right now. It's rather interesting, but very contradicting. One ancient culture was talking about the "destroyer" that wiped out Egypt. The plague, but they were calling it a celestial body that passed so close to the earth that it caused a catastrophy... And they said the Giza pyrimids were a timeline. I've heard that before, but it stops in 2001. Then the magma is going to flow in a different direction and it's going to cause a polar shift/switch. It's rather rediculous, but the one thing I believe might happen is the sun will spew more radiation and possible make our computers go a little wonky, but not destroy the world. I believe our end will be at each others hands. The World War III  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 pm
Michael Jetfire
Well, recently the Mayans were asked about the 2012 issue, and -they- even said they didnt believe it. And honestly, the mayans never exactly said that it was their prediction for the end of the world either, it just stops there. They got attacked, didnt they? Did anyone think that maybe thats the date they had just finished before the attack, and thats why the calendar STOPS ON THAT DAY?!

That is a very good point. They were attacked and massacared by Cortez. So why would they be able to continue their calander when they were being forced to Christianity by a mad man?  
Serious Disscusion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games