Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
AH!!! Tis the season!..................for the Christians? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 am
In Search of a Dream
This post reminded me of this video(of which I think was posted in a different thread by another user): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDlx4PLJXJU

...This vid may or may not be very relevant to the topic.

I just lost another ounce of hope in humanity. stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:34 am
Actually, I don't celebrate holidays. When I thought about it, I realized how out of place they are. It isn't a matter of going against the system or anything, I just don't see the point of it. If I'm available, of course I'd join my family on the holiday eve - but those past few years I was working anyway, this year's the same story. And I don't care if I'm not taking part in it.
The only secular aspect holidays have is being with family and having quality time. I think you should always find time to dedicate to people you love. Stay in touch all year long, then you don't need it and you have a healthy relationship. I meet my parents, brothers, uncles and aunts almost every week. It might be easy to meet often because my family is pretty small, but we do. So they aren't bothered if I volunteer to work on the holiday. It's okay, because we've just met. And that's all there is to it.  

Im A Little Pea

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces