Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Christmas Shopping! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christmas Shopping?
  Love It!
  Hate It!
  No opinion.
View Results

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 am
xwhateverxdudex
Iakun
I'm surprised you guys don't know. Though people love to complain about the 360's RROD, which has been largely fixed for the newer models, any PS3 before the slim has a chance of having the YLOD (yellow light of death). Both consoles have that death weakness, it's just that the PS3's chances were always lower than the 360's. (To be honest, I bet the PS3 slim has a chance of YLOD too, but by now the chance is probably so small it's not even worth thinking about.)

The only thing I don't like about the 360 is the heating up issue. I have to use a fan attachment that works wonders but makes so much goddamn noise it SORT OF kills the enjoyment of rpgs, especially in the calmer quieter moments of the story. Without the fan attachment I wouldn't dare play more than 2 hours. With it, I don't dare play more than 5 hours.

I bet the PS3 can have heating issues as well but you can probably play it for many more hours straight and you don't use a fan attachment as far as I know. *sigh* I would have loved to get FFXIII for the PS3 but we're freaking poor now and the only way I'm getting the game is because thankfully there's a 360 version and I'm trading in an a**-load of games that I don't want, for credit.

Anyway, enough rambling. sweatdrop

edit: Oh yeah the other thing that sucks, everyone and their mom has a ps3 which kind of leaves me alone on the 360. I don't really have anyone to add to my friendlist on xbox live and chat. SAAAAAAAAAAAD

HUH, well that's news to me. I didn't know about the PS3's YLOD, though to be honest, it doesn't surprise me in the least. Companies sure are cheap these days, sending out systems before all the bugs are fixed. (I'd bet that the NES, never had this trouble - I don't think so anyway)

And yeah, the ps3 has some major heating issues, I haven't run into any heat related freeze-ups (and I play mine for multiple hours a day), but lets just say that I will NEVER need a "space heater". If it weren't for the oscillating fan in my room, I would die of heat exhaustion.

Well I got one of the first ones so I could have the backwards compatability that the new slim models don't. Any model that doesn't have that feature is total garbage, but that's just my opinion.

As for the online stuff? I get game systems to play games, not to have extra websurfing or dvd and cd playing devices. I've never plugged my ps3 into the internet so much as once. Even when I updated the firmware, I just used my computer and flash drive.

Warhawks is AWESOME online. You can have up to 32 people in a room. One time there was this dude on a jeep turret that kept killing one of my buddies (we were on splitscreen, free for all) so I jumped in the jeep. After fruitlessly trying to shoot me the guy finally got it that we were a team. Then I drove the jeep off a cliff and jumped out at the last second. XD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 am
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
Iakun
I'm surprised you guys don't know. Though people love to complain about the 360's RROD, which has been largely fixed for the newer models, any PS3 before the slim has a chance of having the YLOD (yellow light of death). Both consoles have that death weakness, it's just that the PS3's chances were always lower than the 360's. (To be honest, I bet the PS3 slim has a chance of YLOD too, but by now the chance is probably so small it's not even worth thinking about.)

The only thing I don't like about the 360 is the heating up issue. I have to use a fan attachment that works wonders but makes so much goddamn noise it SORT OF kills the enjoyment of rpgs, especially in the calmer quieter moments of the story. Without the fan attachment I wouldn't dare play more than 2 hours. With it, I don't dare play more than 5 hours.

I bet the PS3 can have heating issues as well but you can probably play it for many more hours straight and you don't use a fan attachment as far as I know. *sigh* I would have loved to get FFXIII for the PS3 but we're freaking poor now and the only way I'm getting the game is because thankfully there's a 360 version and I'm trading in an a**-load of games that I don't want, for credit.

edit: Oh yeah the other thing that sucks, everyone and their mom has a ps3 which kind of leaves me alone on the 360. I don't really have anyone to add to my friendlist on xbox live and chat. SAAAAAAAAAAAD

HUH, well that's news to me. I didn't know about the PS3's YLOD, though to be honest, it doesn't surprise me in the least. Companies sure are cheap these days, sending out systems before all the bugs are fixed. (I'd bet that the NES, never had this trouble - I don't think so anyway)

And yeah, the ps3 has some major heating issues, I haven't run into any heat related freeze-ups (and I play mine for multiple hours a day), but lets just say that I will NEVER need a "space heater". If it weren't for the oscillating fan in my room, I would die of heat exhaustion.

Well I got one of the first ones so I could have the backwards compatability that the new slim models don't. Any model that doesn't have that feature is total garbage, but that's just my opinion.

As for the online stuff? I get game systems to play games, not to have extra websurfing or dvd and cd playing devices. I've never plugged my ps3 into the internet so much as once. Even when I updated the firmware, I just used my computer and flash drive.

Warhawks is AWESOME online. You can have up to 32 people in a room. One time there was this dude on a jeep turret that kept killing one of my buddies (we were on splitscreen, free for all) so I jumped in the jeep. After fruitlessly trying to shoot me the guy finally got it that we were a team. Then I drove the jeep off a cliff and jumped out at the last second. XD

Awesome way to get rid of a pest dude.
Still, 32 people in one room!
That must have caused quite a bit of slowdown.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:10 pm
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
Iakun

No way man, no glitches at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:16 am
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
Iakun

OH?
No wonder it's prone to overheating.
(excesively fast circuits)  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 am
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
Iakun

OH?
No wonder it's prone to overheating.
(excesively fast circuits)

It was a a sleepover. We played it for like 6 hours. No smoke, no overheating, no glitches. In fact that's never happened to me on ANY game system...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:39 am
Really?
You've never had a game suddenly slow down on you while playing.

Like if there was ALOT of extra background motion?
"Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness" on the PS2 had MAJOR slowdown issues.
(but when I got my ps3, it worked fine)  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:19 pm
xwhateverxdudex
Really?

Nope, SSBB load times are killer, but they are like that to everyone I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:21 am
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
Really?

I don't know what "SSBB" stands for.

And if load times are REALLY long, that just means that most of the info is loaded. Basically lessening slowdown, because it doesn't have to search for more data to load during gameplay.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:38 am
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
Really?

I don't know what "SSBB" stands for.

And if load times are REALLY long, that just means that most of the info is loaded. Basically lessening slowdown, because it doesn't have to search for more data to load during gameplay.

Super Smash Bothers Brawl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:03 am
OH, ok...
sweatdrop  

xwhateverxdudex

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items