HellRaven Aura
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 pm
Well i have an A- so i am safe,(90.0%) Science is so easy then again i am just an 8 grader,yes i am small deal with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:07 pm
Aurastormgirl
Well i have an A- so i am safe,(90.0%) Science is so easy then again i am just an 8 grader,yes i am small deal with it.
User Image
Oh hi. Lets Pokebattle

User Image

Ugh... you have so much to go on with...
Word of advice: Don't overdo in Middle School: None of the records for your middle school is never kept.

The only school records the district will ever have of you, will be your high school records.
In fact, I believe they even delete your records of being at a middle school, or lower, once you graduate from it. It's as if you never went to any middle school at all.

But of course, don't slack off either.
Just saying: Don't overdo it in middle school for this year at least.

But ugh... I feel so sorry for you. I wish that you get on with your school life very well(and very painless).
User Image

Ritorin
Vice Captain

Dedicated Receiver

8,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Brandisher 100

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 pm
When you get older you will figure out that math is not as useless as you think. Yeah, i was one of those students that always asked the teachers why we had to learn this stupid, overly complicated, total sheit, and all they could say is that you will need it later in life. Total BS, I wanted to be a programmer when i grew up, so I thought i didnt need it, just needed to learn the language of coding.

Depending on what you mean by working with computers directly, you do need math. Calculating the measurements of metal to make the case and stuff, and programming needs a lot of math too. Sometimes not the complex stuff like calculus, but math is still needed.

Its very complicated. The simplest jobs need math. True, sometimes its not needed to know the complex stuff like logs, but you still should know it just in case. You dont wanna look like a fool when someone asks you what the square root of 441 is and you need to go find a calculator.

And it is important to work heard in all years of school, so that you can get ahead and the next years will not be as difficult for you. Sure it dont count on your records, but it counts in your life. You do not want to be one of those people that are just getting by, or average, you wanna try hard to achieve the best, always.

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I ******** hate school. I was a student that was just getting by, and had to do summer school, i knew all the stuff, i just never did the work. But now I know i should have , because college is not easy if you are lazy. I think english classes are more useless to me than anything else, who cares if i can write an essay, or know correct grammer, I aint gonna be no english teacher. Debate about that and Ill gladly agree with you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:30 pm
Master Sergeant HALEIGH
When you get older you will figure out that math is not as useless as you think. Yeah, i was one of those students that always asked the teachers why we had to learn this stupid, overly complicated, total sheit, and all they could say is that you will need it later in life. Total BS, I wanted to be a programmer when i grew up, so I thought i didnt need it, just needed to learn the language of coding.

Depending on what you mean by working with computers directly, you do need math. Calculating the measurements of metal to make the case and stuff, and programming needs a lot of math too. Sometimes not the complex stuff like calculus, but math is still needed.

Its very complicated. The simplest jobs need math. True, sometimes its not needed to know the complex stuff like logs, but you still should know it just in case. You dont wanna look like a fool when someone asks you what the square root of 441 is and you need to go find a calculator.

And it is important to work heard in all years of school, so that you can get ahead and the next years will not be as difficult for you. Sure it dont count on your records, but it counts in your life. You do not want to be one of those people that are just getting by, or average, you wanna try hard to achieve the best, always.

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I ******** hate school. I was a student that was just getting by, and had to do summer school, i knew all the stuff, i just never did the work. But now I know i should have , because college is not easy if you are lazy. I think english classes are more useless to me than anything else, who cares if i can write an essay, or know correct grammer, I aint gonna be no english teacher. Debate about that and Ill gladly agree with you.
User Image
Oh hi. Lets Pokebattle

User Image

I'm not exactly building stuff, moreso whatever my step-dad is doing... I forget what though, but he's not doing any complex math.

Also, the 441 root thing(or any problem like that), the person who's attempting it on me should be the stupid one, because he/she will be wasting their time(and mine) with someone that doesn't even care for all the BS. Also, it's unlikely they would know what the square root of 441 is.

Also math is, by default, that class I won't care for. I'll try to get above a C-, but that's as far as I'm trying.
There's no point. Like most other people, I'm just going to forget all about cube roots, logarithms of 5 and 10, graphing the quadratic formula.
(kinda like the stuff I learned in 8th grade)

And I understand your view on English. I just want to be good at it, so I could write up good notes on people that I'd help through psychology.
Otherwise, all you need is basic punctuation skills, and a spell checker, (for various things like applying for jobs I suppose)and your set for life.
User Image

Ritorin
Vice Captain

Dedicated Receiver

8,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Brandisher 100

Skarmy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:09 pm
User Image