Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What do you like to do during the holidays?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 pm
Honestly, I like receiving gifts. Of course, I be grateful for the person that gave me the gift. I also like giving out gifts. I'm not a rich lad, so I just bought a couple bags of candy and put them in those sandwich bags. I inserted a couple quotes, a random fact and a SAT word in there. So as they eat their sweets they can laugh at the funny quotes and learn something. (even if it's useless).

Do you celebrate Christmas? I do, but obv not for Christ.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:16 pm
I love getting gifts, but I also like the time spent with relatives, although the biggest get together in my family is the New Year's party my parents always host.

Oh. And there's the food. You can eat all you want and not get scolded until after New Year's. XD  

In Search of a Dream

chemos32o8

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm
I never make plans for the holiday, because they never pan out the way I intended too. So I just try to spend with friends and try to avoid my crazy red-neck family.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:03 pm
i like telling everyone i meet in the street
Quote:
Happy Winter Atheist Holiday, and a merry New Year!

dl1371

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:37 pm
I always start saving in November so I can buy gifts for all of my friends and family, although now that I'm 18 this year I join in the unwritten rule that the adults in my family generally don't buy for eachother.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:21 pm
Well, you've obviously narrowed the meaning of the word "holiday" to speak only of decemberiness, though I don't know why you would do that.

Holidays are stupid. I celebrate birthdays and nothing else. It's not that birthdays are exactly special, it's just nice for each person to have one day to celebrate, and I wouldn't care if everyone just picked their own day instead of going with their birthday. And I was thinking maybe if I had twins I'd give one of them conception day and the other birth day because then they don't have to share.  

Prince Rilian

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:48 pm
Yes, I do!

It's the only time in the year I can give without having other people think I want something from them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:59 am
As I've said in another holiday-themed thread: I know someone who went to college in Japan, and I prescribe to their way of doing it - Christmas as a holiday where you give each other presents.

Also, I have a wonderfully high metabolism, so I get to eat as much of the yummy food as I want without worrying about getting fat. 3nodding  

Anavis

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:26 am
Anavis
As I've said in another holiday-themed thread: I know someone who went to college in Japan, and I prescribe to their way of doing it - Christmas as a holiday where you give each other presents.

Also, I have a wonderfully high metabolism, so I get to eat as much of the yummy food as I want without worrying about getting fat. 3nodding

well at least you don't have people tell you
Merry CHRISTmas.
(the Christ part seems to be emphasized)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:46 am
LimeIzMyFaveColor
Anavis

well at least you don't have people tell you
Merry CHRISTmas.
(the Christ part seems to be emphasized)

Oh, no, - I do. My karate sensei (and most of the other higher-ranked members of my class, which is all-adults) is very conservative, and we have demonstrations at places like the local skate rink where he gives a speech saying "It's the CHRISTMAS demo, if you don't like it you know where to stick it." And I brought my kid step-siblings to this once so I could show them my board break. *facepalm*  

Anavis

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:38 pm
I used to celebrate Christmas more but I moved and have less family over here. I used to do the whole exchanging gifts thing with all my family members (I have many many aunts, uncles and cousins). They all celebrated it with the Christmas tree and all even though they were all Buddhist (except for my immediate family which happens to be mostly Christian). Now, we just exchange gifts with the little family we have over here in California and that's about it. I don't really do any big celebrations. I go to some Christmas parties but, again, the parties are not religious whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm
-laughs- Christ doesn't exist so I celebrate Christmas by giving and receiving gifts and just being an all around good person.  

Jester the Nightmare

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff