Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Mythic Caves_____________-____________ Anime Lovers
Anime Series/ Anime Series Movies Which is Better?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anime!
  GOLD!!!!!!!!!
View Results

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:25 pm
We all have our favorite and likable anime series, but my question is of the series that is your likable or favorite, and if you seen any movies of that series... than which do you believe is better? or are they at the same level? As for me I think that the Escaflowne series is way better than the movie version, I mean the characters aren't all that great for example... Merle who is a cat-girl looks way more human than cat in the movie than she does in the series.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:45 pm
9 times out of 10 the series is WAY better

All the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece movies suck and are only good for some fight scene eye candy for example. At the most they'll just be mediocre. They're like filler episodes with a bigger budget.
The Escaflowne movie took the characters from the series and F'd them all up. Not the mention made them fugly looking.

But there are a rare few jems that the movie is as good or maybe even better.
I found the Vampire Hunter D and the new Evangelion movies to be really good.  

Sally_Pants

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Sash0

Fallen Gaian

30,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 am
Anime Movies are good but it's usually better to see the Series before watching the movies you learn more about the story etc that way and I love the Series Awesome biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm
I like the series better, usually. Unless the movie people have the series' creator hovering over their shoulder ever second of production, the likelyhood its that the movie won't be nearly as good as it could be.

Unless, like Sally said, you're just in it for the fight scenes. Then the movies are awesome. biggrin  

chlorine trifluoride

Durem Shapeshifter

Vendaval de la Luz
Crew

Codebreaking Warrior

21,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:54 pm
Well, for me...the Detective Conan/Case Closed series and movies are both awesome...as are the Pokemon ones. It may just be me, but the movies haven't been far from the series and I have enjoyed every single one of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:20 pm
Sally_Pants
9 times out of 10 the series is WAY better

All the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece movies suck and are only good for some fight scene eye candy for example. At the most they'll just be mediocre. They're like filler episodes with a bigger budget.
The Escaflowne movie took the characters from the series and F'd them all up. Not the mention made them fugly looking.

But there are a rare few jems that the movie is as good or maybe even better.
I found the Vampire Hunter D and the new Evangelion movies to be really good.
I definitely have to agree on what you said about the Escaflowne movie and it seems the only thing that looked pretty cool was the Escaflowne guymelef... however I believe that that the One Piece Movie Two: Clockwork Island Adventure is actually pretty awesome.  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

Epix_Yoyo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:24 pm
I think the movies and series r at the same lvl because they display a good storyline with a nice plot and the movies show a alternate storyline thats completely unrelated 2 the series but is good in its own way such as the naruto series and the naruto movies.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:33 am
I like both on an equal level. Movies introduce a change of pace. Its kind of like a breather from the main series.  

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Mythic Caves_____________-____________ Anime Lovers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items