Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
It is a mater of choice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree with me?
  yes
  no
View Results

Bearded Unicorn

6,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:21 pm
I've been searching for some new moderators for my guild for a long time. Usually, when I manage to find someone, the person ends being a good choice or just ain't active enough. Though, I got a bit surprised when I saw people expecting for payment. At first I understood, after all, they were all selling their time, and what was the problem in giving 1k a week for them? But things started to get worse, when I saw people doing charts, and asking for fees.
Now, I just wonder if people think guilds is a way of making easy money... I guess people forgot that guilds is a private-run forum, to bring gaians with common interests together... And when you become a moderator or VC, you aren't doing it for the money you might eventually win, but to help or guide members of certain guild.

Now, I'm posting these here to ask: Do you agree with me?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:26 am
I agree with you.

I don't think any GGN crew member should expect payment ...

We should take these positions because we want to do the work, because we love our guilds not because we get paid.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:33 pm
ive never even thought of getting paid for being a mod. you volunteer for it out of the good of your heart, thats it  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm
i never thought fo the pay plan for mods but i make my guild mambers work for it like i did in most of the guilds i'm in  

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:33 pm
Getting paid to run a guild? O_o Sounds like I wouldn't need them. What's the point of giving them your hard earned gold for just monitoring a forum? There's probably people who are willing to do the exact same job for free and you wouldn't have to be paying anyone off. That's just me though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 pm
I wouldn't mod a forum I didn't go to/enjoy, plain and simple. If I am moding, it's because I want to keep up the quality of the forum and make sure everyone else can enjoy it, too. Not becasue of money :/  

Rhia-chan

O.G. Guildswoman

9,725 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

[Swift]

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:26 pm
I agree with everyone else. In fact, I've spent a lot of my own gold on prizes for the guild I help run.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm
I have never paid any of my crew.
The only reason a crew member should be paid is if they are hired specially and where promised pay.

Even then, i think that kind of thing is pointless.

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Mai_Saika_kammie

Beloved Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 pm
Pilotslover
I agree with you.

I don't think any GGN crew member should expect payment ...

We should take these positions because we want to do the work, because we love our guilds not because we get paid.

agreed  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff