Reply Off Topicness
Reveille

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

John Van

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 am
So my roommate is a sergeant in the US Army and he had to get up today at 0400 to get ready and leave for drill. Being the supportive brothers that we are (living in a fraternity house) we gathered up about 8 different cell phones and 4 alarm clocks. All were set to go off at 0355, 0356, 0357 etc...

We hid all of them around the room in odd places biggrin

Whats the best/worst/weirdest way you were woken up?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:27 pm
Drill sergeants in basic, so far thats been the worst for me  

Dj S0nic B00m

abaddon blizzerada

5,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 pm
My worst wake up was when we were into out 2nd month of a 6 month deployment. We had just left port and my section was oncoming from a long night. We were submerged for about 3 hours and then the general alarm started sounded and flooding was called away.Turned out the hatch in the sail wasn't secured properly and when we dove down the pressure caused it to pop open. Luckily the second hatch was able to slow the water. All the water went into our electrical spaces, control and torpedo room. it was a little funny all the sailors who were asleep were running around soaking wet in our boxers being told we were going to have to pull back into Guam again to do damage checks while were were do watering the ship and cleaning the mess.  
Off Topicness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games