Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Cryptozoology
Chupocabra Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twinkle Twinkle Little Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:10 am
Lord Jagged
The Chupacabra or Chupacabras is a creature said to inhabit parts of the Americas. It is associated particularly with Puerto Rico, where it was first reported, and Mexico. The name, which translates literally from Spanish as "goat-sucker", comes from its reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock.

Physical descriptions of the creature vary. Sightings began in Puerto Rico in the early 1990s, and have since been reported as far north as the Carolinas and as far south as Chile.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you think it is a real creature?
Yes,But I cannot see the picture  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:59 am
The Chupocabra.I think it is a matter

of cryptozoology.I don't really belive they exist.but i don't know for sure, so i

don't have an exact opinion on it.those pictures kind of look convincing, but

they also look like hairless dogs or a joey but deformed. About the teeth..are

there any pics of bite marks from one?

WhoopThereItIsnt

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:14 pm
I love the tales of the Chupacabra personally. As far as whether or not I believe them all, I am much more the skeptic than usual. Still though, it is interesting that in all these places, the same appearances and incidents are recorded.

Something definitley attacks the livestock and whether it is a human playing a hoax, a chupacabra monster that has eluded capture for so many years, or something else, I have no idea.

Living in Ecuador, there were the occasional stories and legends of a chupacabra creature, but I never heard a firsthand account personally. I was primarily stationed in Guayaquil and the southern portions of the country and most of the chupacabra legends had come mainly from the capital of Quito much farther north. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if I went up north and they were to tell me that the legends came from down in the south.

No, I don't presonally believe in the monster's existence, but I do believe that something weird goes on in these cases.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:51 am
Top picture looks like the body of a dead bloated dog corpse, possibly a whippet or Italian greyhound.
Second looks like an Aztec statue. I don't believe in such phony creatures, people just make this sort of thing up to scare people, and gullible or skeptical people believe them.

-.-

Maybe! People are using these myths and placing the dogs there that are painted blue, just to cover up serial killing or something. O-o

On an added note: If it's meant to be blue, no actual living mammal can be blue. They might look blue-ish but they can't actually BE blue. Like black hair, if you look closely it's only dark brown, like black cats and horses etc. :3  

Mysterious Green Rabbit

Dapper Genius

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

drumroll318

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:20 pm
i heard one got hit by a bus in mexico and they found an unidentified hair on the windshield. so i definately think its real.like they said it probably just an offbreed of some strange creature weve already discovered  
Cryptozoology

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff