Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of the two?
  God Child
  Before God Child
View Results

Enchanted_Forest_Slut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:27 pm
i read cain saga after godchild and the artwork seems very different, and i prefer godchild cuz i like Angel Sanctuary's art and Godchild is the most similar  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:17 pm
Personally, I love all of Kaori Yuki's drawing styles- but I DO prefure Godchild. Though, someone pointed out to me that the Cain Saga style has more....expression *shrugs* Godchild's Clean...or something like that  

puppy444219

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Von~P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:16 pm
I love Godchild, its delicious, and so clean. I think the Cain saga is a little too 80's for my taste. I mean, its still beautiful, but there's something about Godchild that I just love. The Cover was the reason why I picked it up. (Stupid manga store, putting everything in plastic.)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 pm
I prefer the GOd Child artstyle more because I read Angel Sanctuary before GOd CHild and got used to the style.  

r-chan09

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

SolstanceBeat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:41 pm
I prefer the after cain.
He actually looks 17.

Though I must say Cain ages very well sice his debut. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:23 pm
I like god child better... Her style chaged a lot during angel sanctary so... well it's totally different I think! ^^  

Kunyue

4,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lucifielle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:05 am
Well... there are a few things that should be said about this manga. The Count Cain Saga was made before Angel Sanctuary. She dropped Count Cain completely in 1995 and focused on AS for a whole 6 years. After finishing AS, she returned to Count Cain and the next volume released was God Child. Thus, the abrupt change of style from volume 5th of Count Cain and God Child (the change is noticed along the 20 volumes of AS).

Also, the first volumes are meant to serve as some sort of "introduction" on the series. They mostly present the past (Cain's, Rif's, Merryweather's, Jezebel's, etc), while God Child is set in the "present".

And not to be offtopic, I love her new style! The new characters are a little skinny but so much more expressive! Not to mention absolutely gorgeous!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:54 pm
Lucifielle
Well... there are a few things that should be said about this manga. The Count Cain Saga was made before Angel Sanctuary. She dropped Count Cain completely in 1995 and focused on AS for a whole 6 years. After finishing AS, she returned to Count Cain and the next volume released was God Child. Thus, the abrupt change of style from volume 5th of Count Cain and God Child (the change is noticed along the 20 volumes of AS).

Also, the first volumes are meant to serve as some sort of "introduction" on the series. They mostly present the past (Cain's, Rif's, Merryweather's, Jezebel's, etc), while God Child is set in the "present".

And not to be offtopic, I love her new style! The new characters are a little skinny but so much more expressive! Not to mention absolutely gorgeous!

Hehe, Kaori Yuki probably didn't think of the original Count Cain to just be an intro to the series when she created it so many years ago (10+ years now, I feel old...). Only Kaori Yuki may know her original intention for the series (and maybe she forgot them in the years between writing Count Cain and God Child ^_^; ).

Count Cain had a different feel from the latter part of Angel Sanctuary and from God Child, but it was stylistically similar in story (and art, of course) to her earlier works.

I think she just developed her voice and style in the years she was creating Angel Sanctuary, and that reflected itself in her later work such as God Child.
Also, I'm sure her editors and fans were clamoring for her now signature morbid storytelling after the conclusion of Angel Sanctuary, so that might have been an influence on her to take Cain and co. for a trip to the dark side...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lucifielle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:08 am
Yes, that's what I was trying to say. That the style (and by that I mean drawing style) from God Child was simply the style that evolved during the making of Angel Sanctuary. I'm sorry if it sounded like something else. 6 years is a very long time and I would have been surprised if her drawing style would have remained the same. Even I change it every year or so ^^" (not that I'm anything like Kaori sensei).

And as for Count Cain being an intro to the series, it's just the impression that it gives me. Continuing a series after 6 years... dunno I just feel that it may have been slightly influenced by AS. And now that you mention it, her later works are indeed darker than her pre AS ones (didn't quite notice... thanks for pointing it out). Even so, I still consider Kafka to be one of the darkest volumes. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to read the entire Godchild (I reached through the middle of Butterfly Bones) because manga is really hard to get where I come from and I also couldn't order it *cries*...

Anyway, I like her current style the best! I doubt I have seen more vivid expressions on characters at any other mangaka. The frames are "lively" (the ones from the beginning seemed a little static). And the personalities of most of the characters are very well defined!  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff