Pokémon meme artwork Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:14 am
@Bowser: Good luck doing the meme ^^
@Trenn: Yeah, your art always stood out, you should give the meme a shot when you can. Thanks also, much appreciated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 am
i need to get some decent sketch paper, then i might even do this.

one day.

at some time..

probably...

I WANT MY TABLET PEN TO BE FOUND!!!  

Xilo The Odd

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 am
Xilo The Odd
i need to get some decent sketch paper, then i might even do this.

one day.

at some time..

probably...

I WANT MY TABLET PEN TO BE FOUND!!!

Tablets are for chumps! Hand draw everything the FS way! Like a man! A man with a pencil! and A PEN!!

Good luck man XP  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 am
You do that by hand?

Do you print the meme out first and draw inside it then touch-up, or copy-paste the drawings into the boxes?

I wanted to fill out a CT one I found, but I'm having trouble as I have no tablet. >:T

Cabron the Swan

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:37 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
You do that by hand?

Do you print the meme out first and draw inside it then touch-up, or copy-paste the drawings into the boxes?

I wanted to fill out a CT one I found, but I'm having trouble as I have no tablet. >:T

Tablets are for chumps! Oh, I alread said all that didn't I.

I draw the lines by hand, add the colour digitally in Photoshop with a mouse etc. No tablets at all, never liked them personally speaking. And yeah, I do all the editing in a seperate document then paste the finished pokemon into the meme. I've now got a finished photoshop document with many many layers.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 am
I've never been too good with a tablet. I'm way more comfortable with my mecho pencil. At least for line work.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Orphie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:49 am
ForsakenSwordsman
Lady Psycho Sexy
You do that by hand?

Tablets are for chumps! Oh, I alread said all that didn't I.

I draw the lines by hand, add the colour digitally in Photoshop with a mouse etc. No tablets at all, never liked them personally speaking. And yeah, I do all the editing in a seperate document then paste the finished pokemon into the meme. I've now got a finished photoshop document with many many layers.
What do you use for the line work? Nib/dip pen?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 pm
I am working on this, now.
I have the first column done.
I love yours, FS  

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:54 pm
@Trenn: Tablets are for chumps! *repeats self endlessly*

@Orphie: It would probably be easier to do it that way actually, I'd get a similar effect in the end, but I prefer using two fineliners, or Faber Castell pitt artist pens as they are actually called *reads the stuff written on the pen*. I mark out the drawing with a 2H pencil first, then line it with an S pen first. Then comes the slightly weird bit; I outline what I've drawn so far with a variety of widths. Then I use a B pen to full the outline...it'd be easier if I could actually just show you, it's hard to explain in writing. Anyway, I get a similar effect to a dip pen, but I have a little more exact control than I personally would if I did it all with the dip pen. I actually don't think my method would work for most people, but it works for me so I'm happy.

@Wylr: Thanks! Good luck with yours ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:03 pm
Oh, that's too complex for me. I'm working with MS Paint and a laptop mouse. xd  

Cabron the Swan

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm
Though it will look horrible, and possibly the worst thing ever seen, I may try this for the hell of it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:31 pm
I might give this a shot...

I'm not gonna color it tho'. I'd prolly end up messing it up somehow. =P

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:05 pm
I'd like to see everyone's attempt. Would be fun to see what we all chose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:27 pm
ForsakenSwordsman
@Orphie: It would probably be easier to do it that way actually, I'd get a similar effect in the end, but I prefer using two fineliners, or Faber Castell pitt artist pens as they are actually called *reads the stuff written on the pen*. I mark out the drawing with a 2H pencil first, then line it with an S pen first. Then comes the slightly weird bit; I outline what I've drawn so far with a variety of widths. Then I use a B pen to full the outline...it'd be easier if I could actually just show you, it's hard to explain in writing. Anyway, I get a similar effect to a dip pen, but I have a little more exact control than I personally would if I did it all with the dip pen. I actually don't think my method would work for most people, but it works for me so I'm happy.

I personally love nib pens, because I have good control with them. But whatever works, I guess. XD

And I might decide to do this, if I ever get the time. I've got way too much to do right now, like finish up my portfolio and apply to MCAD.  

Orphie

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:53 am
Lols, gotta love that a thread I made to show off my artwork gradually turned into a thread to advertise someone else's meme template.

Reminds me of this thing I read in the Artists and Writers Yearbook about when you get a book published. When you tell people that you've been published the first thing most people will say is something like 'Oh, I would like to get a book published' or 'I have a great idea for a book'. People tend to make it about them, and forget about the person who actually got published.

In this case I'm not angry or bitter that you guys are not talking about my stuff though, I'm proud to have opened up the door for lots of interesting meme's; should be interesting to see what everyone picks. I just figured I would make a point about reactions and such, something I find genuinely interesting.

And now I have to get back to work! XD  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces