Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Possible Seismic Development in MA

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 pm
There's been some really surprising numbers coming out of the Massachusetts senate race (this is the race to fill Ted Kennedy's old seat, it's a special election being held this Tuesday). A number of recent polls have come out showing Republican Scott Brown leading Democrat Martha Coakley. It's all tentative, but there appears to be a trend in the last couple days that Brown might have a 3 - 4 point lead in the race. If I were a betting man, I'd still put money on Coakley to win. Still, the implications of a Republican win in Massachusetts are huge. First, and most practically, if Brawn is seated before the health care bill can be conferenced and pushed to the President's desk, the bill is dead. Republicans can filibuster final approval of the conferenced bill and likely several moderate Democrats would jump ship rather than commit political suicide.

In the long term, the Democrats are cooked in 2010 if this happens. If they lose Massachusetts expect them to lose every red state Senate seat up in 2010 and probably come close to, or in fact lose the House. Interesting times ahead, or not. Remember, flash polling and state level races are some of the most unreliable polls put out. For all we know, Brown could win by a landslide, or lose by one. Tuesday should provide us some answers.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:05 pm
that's good news out of all the resent bad news obama has bin feeding us  

goodshot911SNK

Latopazora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 am
If I didn't know better, Lord Bitememan, you are the "glass is half empty" type of person. I have a good feeling about this election, there were several things the democrats did wrong during this election, one of which is send Obama up there. We all know that Obama has the anti-Midas touch, everything he touches turns to crap. Martha Coakely didn't exactly run a smooth campaign either. I'm still praying that Brown wins, but I still have a good feeling.
I hope and pray something like this will happen in California, we need to get those three witches out of here. If Brown wins, then California may have hope.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 pm
I'm being realistic, not pessimistic. In spite of the numbers, it is still Massachusetts. That fact alone gives any Dem running the edge. I'm not saying it's impossible, or even unlikely that Brown wins. I'm just saying you can't rule Coakley out in the bluest of blue states.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Latopazora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:27 pm
well, regardless, Scott Brown won, Coakley dropped out. This is good news!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm
Woohoo, Brown won! biggrin  

handsanitizer1

6,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Pumona

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am
This is another proof that the times are changing. Most People do not want this Healthcare plan and Scott Brown wanted to end it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 pm
A little gloating music all the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwfMpSwSYKk  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:21 pm
nice  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:51 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Massachusetts already have a universal healthcare system in place, which Brown voted for.  

DanskiWolf

Pumona

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm
DanskiWolf
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Massachusetts already have a universal healthcare system in place, which Brown voted for.

You are correct he did vote for the experimental universal healthcare. Brown had this to say about it "What we have here is a free-market enterprise where we’re providing insurance on various levels to people in Massachusetts,” Brown also said. “The plans in Washington are a one-size-fits-all plan that’s going to cost almost $1 trillion-plus and raise taxes at a time when we don’t need it.”

http://dailycaller.com/2010/01/13/republican-scott-brown-defends-his-vote-for-mitt-romneys-massachusetts-health-care-plan/  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games