Submit

Beefaice

Hygienic Genius

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 pm
I'm going through the process of joining the Air Force. I had a warrant out for a traffic violation three years ago. I paid what I owed, including the warrant fee, and they took it off. Now I'm freaking out thinking that it's going to interfere with my chance to join. I wasn't arrested, nor convicted. In fact, until my roommate, who works at the PD told us there was a warrant out with my name on it, I had no idea. They didn't have my address or ssn, so according to him, they had no way of knowing who I am or how to find me. I went ahead and paid anyways.

Will this interfere?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:48 pm
I dont think it will play a part in it. If it wasnt a major violation, like major drugs or things like that. Just tell the recruiter what happened and if you are on your way to MEPS tell them. If its already been taken care of it shouldnt matter especially if it isn't a major violation. Good luck in the AF.
I was in it for almost 8 years, so if you have any questions I will be happy to try and answer them.  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

stacy_medina
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm
pretty sure unless it was a pretty serious charge, you should be good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 pm
The military doesn't really care about traffic violations unless they were criminal violations (e.g., hit and run, DUI, vehicular manslaughter, etc.).

You should be in the clear.  

U-235

DragonFire0791

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:50 pm
just dont lie about it because if they do find out youll be breaking the law, since it wasnt a serious charge you should be fine  
Off Topicness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games