Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
What are Demons? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:09 pm
I believe Demon's to be a type of spirit..or perhaps even a inter-dimensional species who has nothing better to do than wreak havoc on the Human race  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:11 pm
Demons...one the one hand, I think of Demon and the idea of pain and suffering comes to mind; hostility, wrath, genocide and horrible atrocities.

Yet on the other, otherworldly beings could be described as Demons as well, being that they aren't human (currently) and have the capabilities to do much more than we could. To me, a demon is one different from humanity, though at times it seems that humanity itself is its own, negative Demon.  

Lovely Lolita Love

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:48 pm
I think the more common title of "demon" is just like the more common title of "angel", they refer to a being acting or demonstrating a form of self that is more or less similar to the original definition of the titles. If someone is an "angel", they give off a good aura and do some awesome stuff that makes them the most trustworthy while someone who is a "demon" can also have an angel feel but are evil in their ways and demented in mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:10 pm
As far as Demons of like, Satan, I'm not so sure...but it certainly seems possible that there'd be some kinds of entities that are malicious, yes? And if that were the case, I'd assume there were, for lack of a better word, things like angels (well, an opposite of demons at least), if not necessarily God's angels. I don't know but it's an interesting question.  

Mala_Silver

6,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Draven2385

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:49 am
Quote:
There is a Faith that defines demons as greatly different from devils. Devils are place in the ranks of lower ring spirits.
Demons on the other hand are far and a world apart from them.

Demons are hated, largely in part to the Vatican's efforts in the earliest of its years. When pope Innocent the 2nd said (quote)

It is my rite through the words of the one who is he, our father. That I declare all that is not of heaven's realm will be cast down in our eyes. To never take a place above sin.

However it is believed that they are in fact the latest children of Eden.
That after the garden was left bare a new being found its way there. A Goddess named Acenia, who used the elements of Eden to create a Guardian before the first war.

Come on guy. There aren't many here who would believe that kind of thing straight of the bat.
I got you there on the pope and his statement but not many others even come come across the Edens Legion prospect. You are digging up some dusty tomes if that's your info source.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:46 pm
Draven2385
Quote:
There is a Faith that defines demons as greatly different from devils. Devils are place in the ranks of lower ring spirits.
Demons on the other hand are far and a world apart from them.

Demons are hated, largely in part to the Vatican's efforts in the earliest of its years. When pope Innocent the 2nd said (quote)

It is my rite through the words of the one who is he, our father. That I declare all that is not of heaven's realm will be cast down in our eyes. To never take a place above sin.

However it is believed that they are in fact the latest children of Eden.
That after the garden was left bare a new being found its way there. A Goddess named Acenia, who used the elements of Eden to create a Guardian before the first war.

Come on guy. There aren't many here who would believe that kind of thing straight of the bat.
I got you there on the pope and his statement but not many others even come come across the Edens Legion prospect. You are digging up some dusty tomes if that's your info source.

ehh... actually, if it were ancient tomes i'd be more willing to take it seriously. but it sounds more modern to me.

i don't think it's true, but i do think that he's not lying about there being a sect of christianity that believes it, or some other abrahamic religion.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:25 pm
Find an ancient tome with "Eden's Legion" on it and then I'll believe that.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:47 pm
Demons are usually defined as malicious spirits of the Nature (or elemental spirits is another term). They are inhuman spirits that have much more power and influence in our realm than your average human ghosty, and quite a few of them were at one point worshipped as Gods. This is because, as I'm sure many of you will know, the early Christian Church, in an attempt to convert Pagans, Demonised many of the old pantheons (Many of which, were "Nature Spirits"... see where I'm going with this lol )
and Abramic religions are the ones that really build up Demonology, especially so with Catholicism, so I'd defer to those if you're looking for Demon mythos.  

Sisbera

Obsessive Cultist

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:14 pm
Demons are a entity of their own, not undead, not a spirit, it is a demon. Its main purpose is to cause pain and loss to those it 'targets'. There are numerous ways to be rid of them but the perminancy of these methods is debatable and varies greatly to the power of the one possessed or attacked by it and the exorcising or banishing it.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games