Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Black Eyes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:36 am
When I was trying to relax before bed last night I kept having this half-awake sortof dream about a man with black eyes. Could that mean anything at all? He acted like he was in a zombie like trance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:33 pm
celticfireguardian
When I was trying to relax before bed last night I kept having this half-awake sortof dream about a man with black eyes. Could that mean anything at all? He acted like he was in a zombie like trance.

Black eyes are a common motif in the occult, it seems. Being that eyes are such a major part of our subconscious communication, it makes sense that, again, subconsciously, they'd feature heavily in dreams, visions, ideas and so on. Having black eyes (I assume you mean the sclera - the "whites" of the eyes - were black?) insinuates a kind of sinister unreadability - your ability to pick up on subtle body language (in the form of facial expression, eye dilation and so on) is hampered if all you have to work with are these dark, empty-looking sockets. So too with the zombie-like movements - trance states can really distress onlookers because social norms, etiquette and mores aren't being adhered to, thus preventing the onlooker from adequately analysing the other person. So, in that sense, it could be an entirely psychological phenomenon that isn't a huge deal.

That said, if you want to explore paranormal avenues, you could always perform a summoning ritual to see if he comes forth.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm
Mitsh

That said, if you want to explore paranormal avenues, you could always perform a summoning ritual to see if he comes forth.

I actually have a question about evocation for you, Mitsh. If you do not know the entity's name how would one evoke it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm
Mitsh
celticfireguardian

Black eyes are a common motif in the occult, it seems. Being that eyes are such a major part of our subconscious communication, it makes sense that, again, subconsciously, they'd feature heavily in dreams, visions, ideas and so on. Having black eyes (I assume you mean the sclera - the "whites" of the eyes - were black?) insinuates a kind of sinister unreadability - your ability to pick up on subtle body language (in the form of facial expression, eye dilation and so on) is hampered if all you have to work with are these dark, empty-looking sockets. So too with the zombie-like movements - trance states can really distress onlookers because social norms, etiquette and mores aren't being adhered to, thus preventing the onlooker from adequately analysing the other person. So, in that sense, it could be an entirely psychological phenomenon that isn't a huge deal.

Yes, I did mean that the sclera were black. Thank you for your take on it. I think I will skip the summoning and just see if it happens again.  

Underworld Priestess

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 pm
celticfireguardian
Yes, I did mean that the sclera were black. Thank you for your take on it. I think I will skip the summoning and just see if it happens again.

No problem. That's the same thing I'd do in your circumstances.

Arcanist Angus
Mitsh

I actually have a question about evocation for you, Mitsh. If you do not know the entity's name how would one evoke it?

Solutions abound. You could use a ouija board and attempt to communicate with it while focusing on the dark-eyed man. You could coax it into harrasing you more by paying more attention to it, by addressing it when in the area where the dream occured. You could enact a lucid dream or a scripted dream in order to dream about him again. You could use an epithet such as "the dark eyed man" to evoke him rather than his actual name. Suffice it to say I don't know for certain any of these methods would work, but that's how the occult is.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games