Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support
Teach me please.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 am
Tonight is the night we become great!
The Stars will show us the way!

As for becoming more literate, aside from the book route, I analyze posts. Details which are generally important. Details which are used to fill space and whatnot. Just browse a forum and read their posts. Look for common things and incorporate them. Tis what I do.

Well, of course, Aglaica. I was just saying that "meaningless detail" could be a little harsh to some people.

Tonight is the night we become Great!

The Stars are what gave us away!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:50 am
It's not where you're from...

But...I didn't mean any harm. Maybe I just used the wrong words to express my opinion. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone here.

...It's where you're at.

Aglaica

xXLeahLoveSickXx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Tonight is the night we become great!
The Stars will show us the way!

As for becoming more literate, aside from the book route, I analyze posts. Details which are generally important. Details which are used to fill space and whatnot. Just browse a forum and read their posts. Look for common things and incorporate them. Tis what I do.

Well, of course, Aglaica. I was just saying that "meaningless detail" could be a little harsh to some people.

Tonight is the night we become Great!

The Stars are what gave us away!

I have read many a post to look for extra details but someimtes adding detail seems meaningless...Maybe I should post an example of what I usually put for a post.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:52 am
So this is what I usually post for an opening or if I am the first person posting for whatever.

Leah sat on the grass staring up at the stars. The wind blew gently causing the blades of grass to tickle her skin lightly. She took a deep breath in and stood slowly. It was a cool evening and her already cold body shivered from the breeze. Crossing her arms tightly against her body Leah turned and began walking towards the house. This house was the same house that she had been born in about 15 or so years ago. Although it was an old house she loved it and nothing, and she meant nothing, would seperate her from it.

This is more along the lines of what I would post in response to someone.

Seth chuckled.
"Of course I'm going to be there. It isn't a party if I'm not." He said jokingly. He crossed his arms and watched the group in silence taking in their reactions and specifically watching the face of one girl imparticular.

xXLeahLoveSickXx

King Latifah

Dog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:41 pm
Sieffre
You want to become more literate?

Easy. READ.

And I don't mean magazines or blog posts. You need to read proper literature. Your writing is going to mimic the style of the things you read, so if you want to learn proper grammar, you need to read material that uses proper grammar. I suggest a good mix of classic fiction and non-fiction.

I'd love to help if you have any other questions. Just PM me.

To add to this, I would start reading short mystery novels.
If I may make a goal for you, I'd have you read one short story a day, not over the internet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:49 pm
I take it you want to roleplay?

Legendary G

Distinct Genius

xXLeahLoveSickXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:29 pm
Yes I do want to roleplay, and I do roleplay, but I want to get better. And as for reading a short story a day, other then over the internet, I don't really have time. This summer my schedual is very busy with a job and such and I'm usually too tired to get on after work. Not that I'm saying it's a bad idea. I am reading The Grapes of Wrath though this summer and I would like to have it finished in the next couple of weeks even though I have just started.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:20 am
xXLeahLoveSickXx
So basically I'm looking for someone to one on one with in either this topic or in a pm who will help me become more lit. I know that this is short here, but oh well. Right now I can kick out a short but well worded paragraph. I really want to get better but I need help. So please post here or pm me if you're willing to help. Thanks!
~Leah LoveSick
Willing to help, though my help would be slightly sporadic as I tend to be on and off Gaia. Did you have in mind feedback on work or specific questions?  

ForLaughter

Sparkly Cosmonaut

City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas